Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know the part# for these. saw a thread a while back with these, but i cannot find it now. i need the 2nd gear itself, not the entire set. thanks

·
Banned
219 Posts
2nd Gear Alone Can Be Purchased @ Ur Local Acura Dealer For About 90 Buckss..now If U Need 2nd Gear Syncro I Heard Dats Da Expensive Part Which They Dont Sell Seperate And U Would Need 2 Purchase Both 1st & 2nd Gear Which Cost About 270bucks...correct Me If Im Wrong Just Speaking From My Own Expirience

·
Banned
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
270 is not bad for both. weird thing is, i couldnt find a part# for the synchro either. my tranny is having the infamous 1st-2nd high rpm miss shift. with perfect shifting below 7k. thanks

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
You should just buy the 2nd gearset because the reason it started grinding is because the syncros arent doing accelerating the gear fast enough anymore, so it will just get worse and worse. Replacing just the gear wont do anything. You need new cones.

·
Registered
326 Posts
take the tranny apart see whats ****ed up and t hen replace whats ****ed up..

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
You should just buy the 2nd gearset because the reason it started grinding is because the syncros arent doing accelerating the gear fast enough anymore, so it will just get worse and worse. Replacing just the gear wont do anything. You need new cones.
Agreed.

You should replace the gear, syncro, and slide pin all together. They are about 280-300 for all those parts. It would be a huge waste of money to not replace the other parts while you are in there. They all work together and once one part fails, its like a domino effect.

23432-PNS-315 - Is the 2nd gear set with the syncro. :up:

·
Banned
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agreed.

You should replace the gear, syncro, and slide pin all together. They are about 280-300 for all those parts. It would be a huge waste of money to not replace the other parts while you are in there. They all work together and once one part fails, its like a domino effect.

23432-PNS-315 - Is the 2nd gear set with the syncro. :up:
thanks guys

·
Pepsi Soprano
1,365 Posts
this man is correct also there alot of grind on the hub/sleeve and thats what
slows the the syncro ring causes wear on the cones and it no longer accelerates the gear 2nd and you get the grind .just replace the whole thing...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts