Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
This is one of the most simple builds that I have put together to date.

k24a1 block, stock pistons (9.5:1 cr), BC rods.
k20a2 head, stock valves, stock ports, port matched to 54mm itb's, BC dual valve springs, stage 2 cams, ASP 4-2-1 custom header.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
WOW....is this on E-85?

good power for the COMP....would never imagine!!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
its awesome how the power carries out all the way to 9 grand. What kind of oil pump are you using?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Nice power, but how much time was spent on the dyno? Torque is low for those mods.I've gotten a client 185 with just cai, a restrictive header and exhaust with a full tune

·
Banned
15,814 Posts
These are great numbers but it is also not normal for a CRV block to make that kind of power. A few things come to mind that could have helped out.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
^^^such as?

·
Registered
730 Posts
that power sounds rite to me my set-up with stock bottom and the only thing i did was a Pnp and tsx exhaust made 241hp and 191tq. Next week im tuning with a itr intake cam and lets see how much after that i'm thinking maybe alittle more hp like 7hp.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fine tuning with the Cam angle picked up a lot of power from 7800rpm and up. A clue, at 9500rpm cam is at 0. Also messed with the EX gear to shift the power around. those combined with the custom header sure do help out...

If I told you how much ignition timing is in this thing at WOT you would shit a brick... but that also proves that there is low cylinder pressure there too.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Fine tuning with the Cam angle picked up a lot of power from 7800rpm and up. A clue, at 9500rpm cam is at 0. Also messed with the EX gear to shift the power around. those combined with the custom header sure do help out...

If I told you how much ignition timing is in this thing at WOT you would shit a brick... but that also proves that there is low cylinder pressure there too.
Im really impressed by those numbers.:up:

Is this car a daily driver? If so what provisions have you made for it to be safe to run itbs on the street? Is there a plenum or cover involved at all?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts