Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey a friend of mines have a brand new set of BF g-force R1 tires that he wanna trade with me they are 225-50-15 i cant find any info on these tires about drag racing does anyone know if you can drag on these tires ? im only finding circuit racing info on them but at the same time im hearing that the are real sticky an have great grip. i wanna do the trade but i dont want it to be a waist for me.

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
they're horrible drag tires. They have really stiff sidewalls which translates into excellent cornering grip, but you'll find them to be underwhelming for launches at the drag strip where a soft sidewall is what you want.

·
Registered
75 Posts
OK so who makes the best sidewall tire or tire in general for a good drag strip tire!! But that are not Slicks

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
drag radial tires...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they're horrible drag tires. They have really stiff sidewalls which translates into excellent cornering grip, but you'll find them to be underwhelming for launches at the drag strip where a soft sidewall is what you want.
ok thanks so i guess i wont be getting those then. what about some 225-50-15 M/T et streets for a k20 whould that kill my top-end cause someone told me to get 205-55-15 becouse the 225-50-15 is too big. but i think a wider tire should help more with traction thats y i was thinking to get the 225's. what do you guys think ?

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
M/T streets are badass tires. u should get it. 225 is fine, u'll get better grip off the go. its not like ur racing to 150+ ... are u? just beat him quick from the start, forget the mile long top end racing style.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Like chunky said the BFG's are great if you're into road racing or autocross, but not drag racing. The M/T et streets are great for drag racing, but don't think you can use these a daily tires. They don't tread water at all. If you want to daily street tire that has the most grip look into BFG drag radials or Nitto drag radials.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Bfg drag radials are great. M/T streets or BFG drag radial any street radial that cuts 1.5s with a good driver either way you're good. I ran 205s and 225s on my K cut 1.8s 0-60fts with horrible alignment specs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts