133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Injen Cold Air Intake
DC Race Header
Thermal 3"
RBC Intake Manifold
IPS K2
RDX 410 Injectors

Hey guys I was wondering if these numbers seem right to you. Is the header holding this car back alot? With tax returns coming up, I was going to purchase a 4-1 header from SSR or ASP. I want to extract as much power as possible out of the stock K20 block.

BTW I did get to run a 13.7 with this setup, so I'm not mad at all.

:)

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
13.7 is pretty dam good for such a heavy car. :up:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
No SAE corrected numbers?
And that's pretty good in an rsx...

·
Registered
39,473 Posts
The numbers seem fine for the rsx chassis :up:

if u can get that 60 down to a 2.0 flat u'll be at 13.5 or below :)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
you could see up to a 10whp with a good header such as ssr or asp... look into getting a 4-1 design with a megaphone/ reverse cone setup... will help with top end

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Who tuned your car?

Here is a recent tune that my friend did, similar mods as you:

http://www.floridahondaclassifieds.com/showthread.php?t=4482

But you definitely need a better header:
Neo, interesting you mention this. I wanted Mikey to throw his car on a DynoJet so I can compare numbers. I've been meaning to ask him to. BTW Tony tuned the car.

Check out the clutch that the car was tuned on...

I broke it the day after the tune. LOL

·
Registered
373 Posts
those numbers seem to be right more or less.

you'll pick up some more power with a better header. you'll be able to run more timing and thus make more power.

btw this is brian aka k_20 on clubrsx. i rode in mikey's car last night for the first time. it's definitely pulling much harder than my car.

i recorded the race between you and keith.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yo Brian! Hey let me see the videos of the runs last night lol. I didn't like that first run because Greg was in my way. I hope you have the second run too.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yo Brian! Hey let me see the videos of the runs last night lol. I didn't like that first run because Greg was in my way. I hope you have the second run too.
it's keith's camera. i don't know if it was uploaded already.

i wasn't able to record the 1st run. mikey was towards the end of the pack and wasn't able to get close enough to record the 1st run. i got the 2nd run on video. and i was getting the run between keith and the supercharged si on video until the red eg hatch got in our way and mike had to brake.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Kinda what I was thinking too. Seems like a conservative tune...numbers should be a bit higher.

I didn't say anything because I don't fully understand the differences in numbers various dyno's put out:confused:

Do you have Kpro?

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
What is most relevant is the before and after numbers on the same dyno. That would show what the mods gained you. Dynos differ enough that all people end up doing is arguing about how far off your particular dyno machine reads :dance:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Neo, interesting you mention this. I wanted Mikey to throw his car on a DynoJet so I can compare numbers. I've been meaning to ask him to. BTW Tony tuned the car.

Check out the clutch that the car was tuned on...

I broke it the day after the tune. LOL
what clutch is that? i have similar mods, just blueprint stg. 2's instead and thinking about getting a stage 2 CC set up with type r flywheel.

·
Registered
630 Posts
222whp doest seen that good with cams i see that on stock cams with the same bolt ons

1 - 20 of 36 Posts