Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a hard time figuring out what 3" bolt on options are available now. Please post any that I missed.

1) GReddy Supreme SP

2) Skunk2 Mega Power RR

3) Thermal R&D

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,513 Posts

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,513 Posts
A good 3” is hard to find in a bolt on application. All the best sounding ones I have heard were a mix of piping kits with vibrant or k tuned mufflers and different resonators.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Thermal R & D is your best bang for your bucks. Skunk2 rr isnt bad but just to loud. I never tried the greddy sp cause jdm parts aren't known for hp like how the rest of the world like to build them..

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,513 Posts
Thermal R & D is your best bang for your bucks. Skunk2 rr isnt bad but just to loud. I never tried the greddy sp cause jdm parts aren't known for hp like how the rest of the world like to build them..
I think the greddy is more focused on the sound and noise control rather than power increase , thermals are awesome exhaust 👍 especially on turbo cars.

·
Registered
334 Posts
A K20 using a blower a race gas AND a 3' Thermal exhaust is retarded loud. Even with a helmet, on track makes the ears ring, you can barely hear the engine and blower.

I would not use a 3" Thermal on a street NA build either, unless you add a resinator.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For what it is worth, for anyone considering the GReddy, I went to purchase one from a vendor back in mid-May and I was told that they were on backorder from the manufacturer and would not be available until mid-August, so a three month lead time. They said that there are limited stocks in the country, and that any that do come in to the US all get allocated to backorders, and it's been that way for the past couple years.

Many online parts stores no keep little or no physical inventory these days and instead just pass along orders to the suppliers, albeit usually at a discount from buying manufacturer direct. So if you are considering a GReddy I would reach out first to verify if they are actually in stock or if you will have a lead time. I personally decided to wait and kept my backorder.

·
Registered
831 Posts
A K20 using a blower a race gas AND a 3' Thermal exhaust is retarded loud. Even with a helmet, on track makes the ears ring, you can barely hear the engine and blower.

I would not use a 3" Thermal on a street NA build either, unless you add a resinator.
Add a vibrant 3 in oval resonator

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,513 Posts
That is what happened. I liked the results so much every exhaust of mine since then is a 3" Vibrant ultra resonator and Stealth muffler. Vibrant has the potential to end the fartcan era if everyone would listen...
Yup , the 3” street power muffler on my car was the best choice ever. For me it’s vibrant only 👍

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yup , the 3” street power muffler on my car was the best choice ever. For me it’s vibrant only 👍
Vibe4Life... lol The most class in the class. I am doing a custom header, megaphone, and 3" piping - I know how well it will sound with the Vibrant 3" ultra resinator and 3" stealth muffler. I am looking forward to turning this build on.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I had to sell my EG hatch shell years back. If the fuel tank is raised or switching to a fuel cell, the EG can have a completely straight exhaust. The rear subframe is perfect to go underneath with round or oval pipe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts