Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using a S13 full width radiator I read it on another thread, but never saw a good DIY. Mishimoto makes them, maybe Koyo, this is a cheapo DNA motoring one, see how it holds up. I will get a slim fan to mount on this rad somehow, there's some brackets on it I might use, or maybe I will just zip tie through it.

When I have time to make the custom brackets I will post up. I just used one of those bolt in rad bracket kits to mock it up.

Need to make some custom top brackets to hold it in place, this is just for mock up.

Mock up, nipple needs to be cut down, and need to make some better brackets. The L bracket can sit on that bottom lip.

That's what needs to be cut out.

With the hood latched before cutting.

Rough cut, still needs to be cleaned up.

Hood closed clearances after cutting. Still needs to be cleaned up and painted.

·
Premium Member
10,567 Posts
Dude,. Awesome. Reminds me of the early years of this forum. Start a build thread if you haven't already.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I am using a S13 full width radiator I read it on another thread, but never saw a good DIY. Mishimoto makes them, maybe Koyo, this is a cheapo DNA motoring one, see how it holds up. I will get a slim fan to mount on this rad somehow, there's some brackets on it I might use, or maybe I will just zip tie through it.
When I started my build back in 2014 I used an S13 radiator but it was an OEM one and fitted without any cutting.
I cut off the EG radiator lower brackets and repositioned them, using the OEM rubber feet.
I made custom tabs for the top out of some aluminium I had lying around.

Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts