Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to k swap my veloster and am wondering if a k24a out of a 2015 si would be a good choice, I want to turbocharger the engine and also need to know what manual transmission works on the engine.

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,302 Posts
So I want to k swap my veloster and am wondering if a k24a out of a 2015 si would be a good choice, I want to turbocharger the engine and also need to know what manual transmission works on the engine.
This is sounding like a pretty big project. I’m not sure about the specifics of getting the k24 to work in your car but as far as making the turbo manifold and exhaust go, the 2015 si k24z7 engine would make things easier with its single exhaust port on the cylinder head. Any 02-15 k24/k20 5/6 speed transmission will bolt up to the engine but getting it to bolt into the car is a different story. I would try to find another project similar to this that has been completed already.

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,302 Posts
More than likely it would require an 02-04 rsx engine wiring harness with ecu for kpro installation , maybe a custom plate made to adapt the K motor to the veloster transmission could be used To make the swap more simple. A friend who’s good with a welder will be needed I’m sure lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I purchased a 2002 Acura Rsx type S, will use everything from the car to make my swap work. Guess we will see how this goes....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts