Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my story...

My name is Melon, back until the middle of 2010 I used to own a 2006 Grand Cherokee. All it had was (slightly) bigger tires but I was a big off-roading junkie. On Feb.27th me & my friend had a horrible accident. Here is how it goes; coming back from Reading,PA on route 222 me (in my Jeep) & my friend (in his 96 Integra) were driving at 125mph (I was in front) light turned red, i was slowing down, friend didn't see me & hits me at speed, flips in the air lands on a cop car & then slides upside-down until getting to the middle of the intersection. Here's a video of that: Actual accident not caught on tape, just pics of the aftermath

Ok so let me get to the point!

My friend & I took the B18 out his Integra & put it in a 96 Civic coupe & put a 5 speed tranny in it. This inspired me to build my own car. So I sell my Jeep to my dad, buy a Suzuki that i hated, sold it & got a 07 Civic Si Sedan. Which I LOVED until I find out that it is limited to 134mph. I decided, "if im going to build this mother ****er im going to do it right!" i dont like the drag strip (very harsh on cars) so I wanted a car that would murder cars on the highway.

So after doing some homework I decided THIS is the setup I should run; Its going to consist of 3 phases;

phase 1.
K24 block core
Sleeved, "superdecked" & bored to 88 1/2mm by ERL
Custom 105mm billet crankshaft from Drag Cartel
Custom H-beam rods from Brian Crower
Custom 9.0:1 CR pistons from JE
=$5000
THANKS TO JEREMY FROM DRAG CARTEL! (DWNVTEC) FOR LETING ME PAY IN INSTALLMENTS :^)
K20z3 head (off my Si)
Cartel Killer cams from Drag Cartel (1400)
Valvetrain kit from Supertech (600)
s2000 oil pump (idk)
stage 5.9 axles from The Driveshaft Shop (who knows!)

phase 2.
Swift Racing Tech. turbo kit with the optional Precision Billet 62mm Ported S cover, 62 trim A/R 0.82 (around 7000)

phase 3.
after building the engine im going to have to consult with someone who knows a shit load about transmissions & could advise me to get the correct ratios for my speed goals. (hopefully less than 5000)

My goal is 2 years & I am very very committed to this! & hopefully I could get pass the 200mph mark.

Here are some vids & pics of the car.
Doing a burnout
Doing 134mph
47767_1357039177170_1567224076_30795195_5594037_n.jpg

33711_1395504938790_1567224076_30873145_2140562_n.jpg

60512_1368163855280_1567224076_30820544_3825384_n.jpg

33618_1640429098368_1466013746_31737973_6945060_n.jpg

34722_1622451488939_1466013746_31697890_7379177_n.jpg

66311_1395503458753_1567224076_30873136_541474_n.jpg

·
Registered
382 Posts
my car can break 200mph :D

·
Premium Member
10,423 Posts
So if im reading this right, you wanna build a car to race people down the highway at 200mph??
that sounds about right.

otoh, in my personal experience, ive found very few cars will chase you past 140+ and even fewer past 160+

short of say turbo vette and the likes, your not going to be getting may cars to chase after 140 especially if you race alot of dsm's or other imports.

now if you were to built this for say, the texas mile. id tell ya to go bigger on the turbo, and read up big time, cause your going to want 700-900 to hang a couple buslengths behind them boys.

she looks clean btw.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
a 200mph streetracer?

after damn near killing yourself and your friend and a cop while racing like at idiots at 125mph?

Fail. We have tracks for a reason.

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts
Fail thread is fail:down:

sell your 8th gen and get something else,don't make the rest of us 8th gen owners look like idiots.

Just to give you a hint Hondata has an rsx that has the appropriate aero mods for such speeds and a professionally built engine and hit 230...and that was over the course of 3 miles...good luck finding a stretch or straight,flat road with no traffic on it to even attempt whatever suicidal race you are dreaming of.This is of course not mentioning the numerous things that will thankfully stop this build from happening.So here's a piece of advice..put some wheels,an intake and lowering springs on it and call it a day.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
So you almost died, doing 120+... and now you want to try to kill your self again going 200mph?

Your gears would be too short to even hit 200MPH...
Get a TSX tranny gear set with a 4.4finial, that should help you reach your goal and kill yourself...

·
Registered
94 Posts
So if im reading this right, you wanna build a car to race people down the highway at 200mph??
That's exactly what's he's saying lol
What a moron! He loads up his car with his retarded friends who scream like little b$&*es! It's morons like you that ruin it for everyone else! Do yourself a favor go pluck your gay eyebrows i dont think they are thin enough and stay at home watch your favorite tv show jersey shores !! Please Delete this thread!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whoa whats the deal with these negative comments? All of the sudden I'm the only guy that ever liked speeding on the highway..

Fail thread is fail:down:
sell your 8th gen and get something else,don't make the rest of us 8th gen owners look like idiots.
Sir, the majority of 8th gen civic have body kits & exhaust, they look like idiots on their own :p

now if you were to built this for say, the texas mile. id tell ya to go bigger on the turbo, and read up big time, cause your going to want 700-900 to hang a couple buslengths behind them boys.
I really want to see how the car does before I show up in front of those
corvettes & ford gt's. but Texas Mile is on my radar.

That's exactly what's he's saying lol
What a moron! He loads up his car with his retarded friends who scream like little b$&*es! It's morons like you that ruin it for everyone else! Do yourself a favor go pluck your gay eyebrows i dont think they are thin enough and stay at home watch your favorite tv show jersey shores !! Please Delete this thread!!
IT WAS A GIRL THAT WAS SCREAMING! & i'm not asking you to suck my dick so why do you care if my brows are clean or not?

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts
exhaust and bodykits are not half as bad as trying to turn your car into a land speed racer and then go racing ppl on the highway.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Whoa whats the deal with these negative comments? All of the sudden I'm the only guy that ever liked speeding on the highway..

Sir, the majority of 8th gen civic have body kits & exhaust, they look like idiots on their own :p

I really want to see how the car does before I show up in front of those
corvettes & ford gt's. but Texas Mile is on my radar.

IT WAS A GIRL THAT WAS SCREAMING! & i'm not asking you to suck my dick so why do you care if my brows are clean or not?

why am i not surprised that the word dick came out of your mouth go play a skin flute :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21,787 Posts
I want to know why you arent a seek speed customer? were right around the corner from you. PM me, we can hook you up with the DSS 5.9's and a bunch of other parts.

And dont sweat the negative comments. its your car man, do whatever you wanna do, live fast, die fun!:up:

·
Premium Member
44,706 Posts
I don't know too many Ferrari, Lamborghini, or other high end exotic car owners, that own a car that was designed to travel 180+ MPH, that actually trusts the roads in America to test the limits of their car's aerodynamics.

If you do trust your local highway that much, I hope you have some money for wind tunnel testing. It would be a shame to find out that there is a huge vacuum created behind the chassis at 140 MPH that pulls the front end up and results in somersaults.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsjApAZGHhk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KfdRTQEiyw

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts
I think someone is trolling us...this would be a great trolling technique.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.