Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

So I made the crazy decision to throw in a k24/k20 turbo set up in a 2008 honda accord sedan with a cx racing turbo system.
The breakdown of the build is I threw in a k24 acura tsx block with a k20 civic SI head along with an 02-04 Acura RSX type S 6 speed Transmission. The car is ran and powered through the infinity computer system. However I am running into a few issues.
Everything seems to be operational but I having an axle problem they just keep snapping on the passenger side. I went ahead and bout an axle for a CRV because of its length and it fit and all but it is still sitting at a weird angle. It is so hard to have a point of reference because this particular set up is mostly thrown into civics or integras..... never in an accord sedan. This car was originally an automatic and I obviously had that changed. So I am looking for any type of input on this matter because I am at the point of giving up. It has been a difficult journey to try to get this right and to say the least a money pit.
As far as the axel goes I have a STOCK 2008 honda accord axel in on the driver side which has not snapped but just looked at it and it also has a weird angle and the mid shaft is out of a TSX with the passenger side axle being a CRV axle as indicated above. I dont know what to do here all.

To wrap this up I also have another question.... Since the car is not running on the factory computer I believe my anti theft system in the car is still wondering what the heck is going on. I had an issue where the car would start with no issue but if I wanted to take the key out it would not let me only if I completely disconnected the battery. Now my mechanic somehow by passed it but the red dot on my car turns on when I open the door is there a way that I can just kill that anti theft system in its entirety??? Please help.

·
Registered
1992 BB2 Prelude k24A3 Swap
12 Posts
Have you tried looking at the hasport axels? You may be able to reference dimensions from those to yours and buy one thats made out of stronger materials.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts