Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My guess is I'm going to be replacing the pistons... can anyone confirm?

Its lookin like I'm not going to have enough valve clearance for the Type-S valves to clear. I believe a couple of you guys said you'd let me know if I got you pics with the head off, and here's one for now. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
24 Posts
yea you are goning to need to replace the pistons, the only k24 block you can slap a head on is the TSX. And the pistons arent the only things you need to change.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured as much. I'm going to do rods, bearings, rod bolts, as well as head studs. I figure I might as well build it now, rather than being pissed I didn't do it from the start and have to pull the motor out down the road. Plus I've decided I'm probably going to boost it rather than spray on it, so it'll add that peace of mind factor.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I hope you aren't using that 2008 Accord block in any other car (ie: EG, DC, EK, EF, etc).. ERL sent me one of those blocks, and NOTHING fits it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
yea you are goning to need to replace the pistons, the only k24 block you can slap a head on is the TSX. And the pistons arent the only things you need to change.

K24a1 (CRV) and k24a2 (TSX) doesn't need piston change....

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From everything I can see all I am going to need is the CRV mount assuming I run the stock oil pump. I'm not planning on revving the living piss out of it either. I haven't pulled the pan yet (may get around to it tonight), and start pulling the internals, so I can examine the oil pump then.

·
Registered
228 Posts
On a k24a4, Accord 03-07 engine...

the difference in a frank built vs k24a1/a2

You must, change or modify piston...
lightly modify k20a2 oil pump...

Its all....

The type S oil pump is not only for high rev... this one is really lighter and doesn't have balancer shaft... so less weight to rotate by the engine....

But in your case, you should send us some other picture, some k24z like the TSX one is so different, I'm not sur everything gonna fit like the k24a series....

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The pics I took of it tonight when pulling it apart. The mount on the crank pulley side is removed in the pics, but I can always throw it back on quick and take another pic.

If you guys need any thing specific I can get the pics. I probably should have taken a pic of the oil pump, but didn't even think to when I was out there.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its actually on the bottom of the block on the back of the motor at about a 35 degree angle. Much easier to change out :up: but also kind of makes me nervous down there :down:

It's not ont the block in those pics, but if it was, you'd be able to see it peeking out in the top pic.

·
Registered
228 Posts
So strange...

You can maybe still use the old oil filter fitting in the upper back ...we need a lot of internal picture and may be more for be able to give a good anwser in this case...

But maybe it still clear the header, so carefully check about header clearance

Check the water passage housing.... its so BIG

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Since no other K-motor has oil passages in that area, I can see how this would pose problems for the rest of us. I wonder if we finally have a K-motor that won't work?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh its going to work. I'm going to make it. lol. I'll try to get some more pics of it today around the oil filter area, and etc.

I was looking at the oil pump thread, and it looks like the modded K20 pump will fit. I think I could still utilize the oil filter fitting up higher on the block. It really looks like not much more than a block off plate threaded on there so to speak... I'll take a better looks today.

It should be interesting.

I'll make sure to get pics of the oil squirters, etc. The block really looks about the same as all the other K24 bottom ends I've seen pictures of.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Take picture without the oil pump....

You install it in what ??...

You know you gonna have some wiring issu ?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, I went out and took some more pics while my bro was detailing my Audi thats going up for sale tomorrow (BUY IT!) so I have a few extra G's for this project.

OIL PUMP:

OIL PUMP:

Oh Hey, guess what this one is? The OIL PUMP!

Lower Coolant Hose Connection:

Connected to the Block:

Bottom of Block where Oil Pump bolts up:

Bottom of Block:

Oil Filter Location (bottom of block):

YeaYea!

I'm gonna go see how my Audi is coming along. Gotta love having a bro who hasn't worked for a month and needs some extra loot!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts