Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, thanks to awesome people I have the following information

RDX injectors are flowing around 410cc and seem to have the best atomization from any other OEM injector.

PART number is: 16450-RWC-A01
Retail is 47.42

and most online dealers will sell them for 37.94 each. From my understanding, these injectors can support some good power. I am going to assume that the standard clips will work, if not I am sure it would be easy to be rewired.

Maybe an ACURA PARTS GUY reading this can order one and let us know if the clip is the same?

·
Registered
481 Posts
nikos said:
I am going to assume that the standard clips will work, if not I am sure it would be easy to be rewired.

Maybe an ACURA PARTS GUY reading this can order one and let us know if the clip is the same?
The clips are not the same. You'll have to modify the connector on the injector itself and everything will work just fine. You'll need a hacksaw to do the rework.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Great info! That's about the perfect size for NA . . . and with the great stock spray and atomization to boot.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
mike323 said:
The clips are not the same. You'll have to modify the connector on the injector itself and everything will work just fine. You'll need a hacksaw to do the rework.
Any more info, pics?

·
Registered
481 Posts
nikos said:
RDX injectors are flowing around 410cc and seem to have the best atomization from any other OEM injector.
How did you find out that the RDX injector has a better spray pattern (atomization) over the other K series injectors?

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
http://www.hondanews.com/CatID3091?mid=2006061544320&mime=asc
"Special high-flow fuel injectors with a wide dynamic range contribute to the RDX's low emissions and high horsepower, and a variable-flow fuel system also contributes to low evaporative emissions. The accuracy of the control of the injector has been increased so that less fuel can be injected during certain situations (such as idle). " :dance:

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am referring to hearsay evidence. I was told that the RDX injector has the potential to outperform a higher cc injector due to better atomization. Then I thought about the RDX acura motor being the first acura turbo motor and the need for a more efficient injector. To my knowledge there has been no back to back dyno with RDX injectors, but I was told there could be a potential 2-3 whp gain just by the injector.

Overall, I think this injector will solve the problems for these people that are maxing out their stock injectors on a k20a2 with RBC and IPS k2 cams for example. In the past 2 days, I had zitian from Australia and Chunky from Atlanta tell me that their stock injectors maxed out at 8000RPM.

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Of course you can also modify your stock injectors like Mark did with his 270whp car... But that also requires cutting.. So I am not sure.. which is better? Cut the injector tip? Or the injector clip? lol

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
is any one sure....if they doo or do not clip up to perfect to a type s harness!

i am pretty sure they will!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
nikos said:
Overall, I think this injector will solve the problems for these people that are maxing out their stock injectors on a k20a2 with RBC and IPS k2 cams for example. In the past 2 days, I had zitian from Australia and Chunky from Atlanta tell me that their stock injectors maxed out at 8000RPM.
I maxed out my injectors in my K24A2 setup but then again I order the wrong Walbro fuel pump. I should of went with the high pressure 255lph unit instead of the 190lph unit.

BTW, I produced 227whp on a mustang dyno which is equivalent to about 250whp on a regular dynojet.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I will certify that changing your injectors to 07 RDX will make about 2 lbs of torque at the wheels, which can translate into 3-4 HP up top.

That is certifyable and true due to better atomization, its a finer mist. It gives you the similar effect to moving your injectors BACK up the runners farther like ITB's, which will do the same thing.

They are about $45 an injector at your dealer.

I told Nikos about this a little while back, but shoot, now I can't make a couple more HP than everyone else for $170 bucks anymore. Damn, I hate equal playing fields. Oh well... I guess I will just go back to putting crap in my fuel to make a couple more HP becuase I am a sneaky devil. (joke)

you stinker Nikos!

haha.

Jeff

·
Registered
522 Posts
Anyone have any pictures of the RDX injectors?

Also, I have gotten modified RSX Type S injectors flowed and they were in the 500cc range.

Anyone done any real testing between the rochester, delphi, bosch, lucas, and siemens injectors? I know they all have slightly different spray patterens.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
i am down to get a set..... but i wonder>> how much stuff i got to doo to make my type s clip's goo on them???

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
ill take a picture of mine so you can see what you have to do. You basically have to cut them in half, then tie them on with something.

The prod in the middle, has to be flush with the outside case. As it is stock, it sticks half way down. So thats all you have to do.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 299 Posts