Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Get a K24A2, rotrex. Call it a day.
You may want to remove the balance shafts and run an RSX oil pump and pinned Cam gears, otherwise... leave it as is.

It should make 325whp without trying hard. It could do 400whp without much effort.

Or, do a NA build... K24A2 with K20A head, pistons, rods, valvetrain, big intake manifold, the works...and you should get close to 325whp NA, without the added complexity (and weight) of boost.

The biggest issue would be the gearbox. Once you're near that 400-450whp mark, you're on borrowed time with shearing gears.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I understand your message about the Elise and the high revving lightweight character of the car. I did track the na 2zz for several years prior. I did find myself shifting more frequently just to stay in the high rpm range (lift). A bunch of the guys here in the states that have gone k-swap on their Elise/exige.... almost all have gone k24. And they couldn't speak anymore highly of the switch over.
If you were gonna stick to NA and want rev-friendly... K20.
Want boost and ability to go angrily into the universe... K24.

I track my boosted-K24 in, essentially, a big brother of the Eliges. Rev it to 8500rpms, no problem. I short shift though, because I have a ton of power (610whp), almost too much for a 2350lb car.
I also use a quaife sequential, so my gearing is pretty long... 1st goes to 62mph.

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Honestly, if I had an Elige, I'd run a NA setup. You could easily make more power than a S260, without the complexity of the boost components.
it'll be much more fun ripping it to 9000rpms.

And it sounds like fun is what you're after.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts