Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys thank to greg from gtmotoring aka speedwerx we have the latest in K series news.

This is the new 2007 Civic Type R motor.. rated at 225HP .. comes with better flowing head and 5.1 Final Drive from Honda.

From honda press release

Engine >
• A higher compression ratio and improved breathing efficiency help the naturally-aspirated K20A 2.0-liter i-VTEC engine output a maximum of 165kW (225PS) at 8,000 rpm and a maximum torque of 215Nm (21.9kgm) at 6,100 rpm.
• NSX production methods contribute to smoother port surfacing, improving intake/exhaust airflow.
• Drive-By-Wire (DBW) provides for finer tuning of throttle response and power output.
• Optimum tuning of intake and exhaust manifolds provides for high output at high engine speed while also improving torque characteristics over a broad engine speed range.

< Transmission >
• A close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission is matched to the Type R engine.
• Optimized gear ratios offer superior accelerations at high speeds, providing exhilarating performance.
• New features include a highly rigid aluminum transmission case while the addition of a baffle plate helps mitigate oil starvation at high cornering speeds.
• A short stroke shift linkage contributes to a sporty shifting feel.

Now at the first glance, this looks like the RBC.. but it is not... It is the new honda OEM manifold that will most likely make more power in our cars than the RBC.. lol Testing to begin soon! :up:

If someone wants a complete motor and tranny like the one in the pictures, contact gtmotoring.. Only $8500 + shipping :D email [email protected]

Now some of you will be confused due to the european intake manifold that looked way different with the 2 piece design.. I am still not sure what was that but that is the official manifold in the japanese cars... Here's how it looks in the engine bay

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm thinking about one. And for the record, my prices are 55% less than GT Motoring's if anyone's interested.

Also, if anyone is in the Quebec, New England or Mid-Atlantic area and would like to actually see a Type-R sedan, send me a PM.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Cool stuff. Port job, intake mani, exhaust mani, etc...

I want to see the ratios of the gears and the final drive in the tranny for sure.

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow.... check this out..

Compression went up to 11.7:1

and the tranny ratios are 100% like the 02-04 type s ratios with the exception of the final drive....

On stock 18 inch wheels, I am sure the final drive will not seem out of place

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
an RBC that doesn't sacrafice low end torque...

·
Registered
52 Posts
jugodmyko said:
where can i get one of these manifolds?

FA5 said:
I'm thinking about one. And for the record, my prices are 55% less than GT Motoring's if anyone's interested.

Also, if anyone is in the Quebec, New England or Mid-Atlantic area and would like to actually see a Type-R sedan, send me a PM.
:D I'll have a part number unless someone else comes up with it first, but the price is $200.00 shipped. :up:

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
how about a head?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'll call my supplier and get a quote on each individual component, the entire head assembly and block assemblies complete (in case anybody wants that), etc.

I dunno if this is ok to do directly? Should I look into sponsorship? Or setup a GB? I probably should've asked prior lol

1 - 20 of 173 Posts