Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda announced it a few days ago.

The 2007 model year marks the first time in the Civic Si's 20 year history that it will be available with four doors. It also marks the first time that two Si body styles will be available at once. Along with the Si Coupe, the Si Sedan will join the Civic lineup as a performance halo for the Civic nameplate. The Civic Si Sedan concept shares basic powertrain components with the coupe, including a 197 horsepower, iVTEC engine, 6-speed manual transmission and a limited slip differential. This concept also includes 18-inch aluminum wheels, 225/40/ZR18 tires, and large Brembo disk brakes on all 4 wheels. Like the coupe, we expect that the Civic Si Sedan will appeal to a true enthusiast customer seeking a high level of fun and performance for the money.

·
Premium Member
9,294 Posts
IF anyone wanted a 4 door who the hell would by a civic Si 4 door???

Am I the only one that wouldn't??:confused:

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Interesting, I don't think it will hit the aftermarket scene very big, and it hardly compete performance wise with other Sport 4 door family cars hehe Sti etc...but price wise...could be good. we got a price?

·
Illegal Alien
42 Posts
i doubt it will be more expensive than the coupe.. and the aftermarket scene will be fine since its a kseries engine and most likely be compatible with other k stuff

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I was just thinking, alot of the scene depends on lightness...if you look at the number of people out there with 4 door accords...not too many. I dunno, we'll soon see.

·
Illegal Alien
42 Posts
i would get it just becasue i dont know if i will have the $$ or the time to do my project.. so instead buy a decently fast car.

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would buy it too.. the aftermarket would be there already.... just the ricer bodykits would not to get updated :p

It could be turned in an econo TSX killer etc..... Honda is dealing the right cards in my opinion.. Someone in the honda command center knows exactly what is going on... and they are making the right moves.. with the fit in a few months in the 13-14K range.... replacing the cheaper civics we used to see... Even people you see on the parks changing diapers or pushing strollers.... they want to be able to drive a car with some balls... I like that idea.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Honda's just jumping on the 4 door high peformance family car bandwagon (i guess the suv wagon is officially out). But, i agree, it's in right direction. It'll be interesting to see how sales go.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I just want the rear spoiler

·
Registered
443 Posts
If the wife learned to drive stick, I'd hit it ;). We have a 4 door 99 civic ex auto for our 'family car' already -- I'd spend the extra few k and get one that was resonably quick. The wing would have to go however. I wouldn't be racing the thing, obviously better choices than a 4door civic for that, but as a daily driver, just wow ;).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts