Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello world, I recently purchased a 2007 civic si coupe with about 165k on it. It’s had a mixed life, 1 owner to 91k who loved and cared for her and even did the timing chain and adjuster before selling. The next 4 thought they were Paul Walkers friend, RIP Paul, and she’s had two reported wrecks and one not, discovered that tearing her apart this last month but figured based on the mismatched rear bumper and aftermarket front with quick release straps drilled into the fender, haha.

I am the cars 6th owner technically, the 5th never titled/registered the car as the person who sold it to him did so with the 3/4 bearings having blown a hole through the bell housing and after rebuild the trans decided he didn’t want to put the $$$ into repairing the rest of the car. I am discovering why, I don’t know if the car ever overheated l, it holds like a champ from the hard road/mechanical tests I’ve done but it slowly consumed coolant and I’ve discovered it in the coolant but not oil so I’m hoping maybe the oil cooler is leaking otherwise k24 here I come!

this is not my first Honda, had a unmolested 97 integra gsr for a few years before a bus decided it should retire and I have wrenched in cars for almost 21 years, but this is my first k series motor and WOW… b what???

I do plan on either fixing motor up or swapping a k24 in, already sourced a 06-08 jdm k24a rbb block for about 950 shipped with taxes and that’s about the cost of maintenance items, let alone possible repairs to this k20z3. But that’s for another day. I’ll post some pics of her tomorrow when I drain the oil and hopefully find no coolant

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too just bought an 07 si coupe. I have no idea the shape of the engine. I will find out this weekend when I go pick it up from my friend. I actually negotiated at the dealership for her back in 07 when she bought it. Funny that it’s mine now. I’m interested to see if yours is worth rebuilding or if you swap it out for the 24.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm still on the fence as to what I'm going to do with the motor. Looks like its in good shape, currently tuning it after installing a hyrbid racing cai and no issues yet, but there's time since I'm running it so hard during tuning. I'm probably gonna k24 swap as I like the torque of it and really don't care about reving to 8500-9k as much as I enjoy mountain and back road driving

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nothing better than back road driving. I miss that so much since I’ve been in Florida 10 years now. Flying back home to the mountains in VA and driving it back on Friday. Maybe I’ll take the scenic way for a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts