Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my civic I had my clutch replaced and that was about 4 months ago. Here and there my clutch would get stuck but one day it started happening when my dad was driving it with me in the car. Eventually we got onto the freeway and he went into 5th gear but it wouldn’t go into 5th gear and the clutch was down to the floor. Then it was stuck in 4th gear the whole way home. We brought it back and the bolt that drains the clutch fluid wasn’t tight. That was like 3 months ago but here n there my clutch gets stuck on a hot day but I’ve been making sure I haven’t been leaking any fluids. Any idea why it gets stuck? Also shifting to 3rd at wot makes the “zing” noise like gears hitting. Never does it when I’m driving normally or downshifting tho.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Try to rebleed the system I've had this issue previously and air was in the system after I did that the pedal felt original like how it came from the factory. Do let us know how does this go or what you did to fix the issue if you get to.

Good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the issue and it was because I don’t have a clamp that holds my intake in place so every time I went wot the intake would press itself down against the clutch cable causing the cable to grind into the intake tubing. I fixed that now and it’s been about 2 weeks or so and the stuck clutch has completely went away. Still confused on why my clutch fluid decided to drain all out tho.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts