Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I used an Accord ECU 37820-RAD-A04 for my conversion, since I wasn't using the DBW of the TSX drivetrain.

I wired the MIL according to the available diagrams, which show E31 as the ECU connection that grounds the cluster MIL. The ECU didn't have a wire in that location, and the '05 Accord wiring doesn't show it either.

The problem is that the MIL doesn't illuminate when a code is set. I've checked the wiring from E31 all the way to the cluster, and if I ground the wire, the bulb lights.

So, I'm trying to figure out where the MIL connection is on an '05 ECU, if it's not E31
Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 7.23.30 AM.png

·
Registered
256 Posts
From what I can tell in the Accord schematics the drive circuit for the MIL is completely contained inside the cluster. Over a CAN line the ECU would request the cluster to turn on the MIL. Doesn't look like you can wire it up like you're wanting to do.

Pin E31 for the MIL is on the RSX ECU.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I can tell in the Accord schematics the drive circuit for the MIL is completely contained inside the cluster. Over a CAN line the ECU would request the cluster to turn on the MIL. Doesn't look like you can wire it up like you're wanting to do.

Pin E31 for the MIL is on the RSX ECU.
Thank you for your input. It certainly seems that way. I guess I need to get an RSX ECU to do this properly.
I'll try to confirm it on the KTuner help forum

·
Registered
256 Posts
I always thought the MIL had to be directly controlled by the ECU so I'm surprised to find that in the schematics. Even the vehicles we build at work are directly controlled by the engine module.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The KTuner forum moderator is annoying. I asked several questions, and his response was just that E31 is not used for the Accord, which we already know. It's also annoying as I bought the Accord ECU on his recommendation in the first place. He didn't say how it is controlled, or answer any of the related questions I posed, so Now I have to wait another day to see if he replies to my restated questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts