Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! Here is my K24 swapped R53 mini! I have a detailed spreadsheet of the build for anybody swapping theirs in the future. The car is an absolute riot. I have blown up several mini motors including a top to bottom built one. Got tired of the costly high mileage mini blocks so here we are with a honda motor haha.

Spreadsheet:

Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Grille
Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
Welcome at K20a.org @JosephAbegg. What an amazing intro. Thanks for sharing your work.

I have blown up several mini motors including a top to bottom built one.
馃ぃ...yeah, BMW and PSA weren't good on specifying and verifying the N-series engine. Not only few BMW series engines suffer serial issues. They have a very nice technology like the Valvetronic, which is indeed smart (way not as the e.g. Hyundai's CVVD capable valve train actuation) but nice technology, which don't work endurable is only nice. The K-series has an unique status in the I4-engine builder and developer world because of it's well durable technology is also smart and simple, both makes is most likely endurable :p. Beside that, the awesome engineering of the parts and the high requirements on tolerances and regridity the head flow make them unique too. Nothing in the I4 world gathered so many positive properties, many are very good, some even performant, e.g. the Renault F4R (832) engine. But finally the K-series has the best compromise, and a huuuuuge potential, even if their VTEC caused inclined valve angle makes the combustion chamber slower then it would be in a tappet actuated system possible. For me, the best development basis I ever used to step up an engine series.

Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts