Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Honda Accord Euro 2.4 Automatic

First of all, the problem was I have a clapping sound from the timing chain area of the engine during idle on drive or reverse(also idle with ac on or power steering load). It disappears when the rev goes above 1k. No sound during high revs. Honda service center quoted a change of drive belt and tensioner and did it. Still the same.

After doing some research, I came across timing chain tensioner failure and changed the timing chain tensioner by removing the tct cover on the timing chain cover. During the procedure, I had to rotate the crank slightly anticlockwise, insert the pin on the tct and again rotate clockwise. Everything was set. I left the car for 24 hrs with the battery disconnected.

But when i turned it on, I got a check engine light, triangle hazards sign, and VSA light on. Also, the engine is less responsive than before and the cruise control isn’t working. Also, the clapping sound came again.
I had a mechanic scan the tool and came up with the P0341 code.

Did I skip the tooth?

Please help.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
welcome to K20a.org thank you for registering. The P0341 code is a camshaft position sensor code

P0341 code definition
Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

What the P0341 code means
P0341 is an OBD-II generic code that says the engine control module (ECM) detected the engine camshaft position sensor circuit is not within specifications. The sensor pulses do not correlate to the pulses of the crankshaft sensor.

What causes the P0341 code?
  • The camshaft sensor pulses less times than expected in a specified amount of engine revolutions when compared to the crankshaft sensor.
  • The wiring or connection to the speed sensor is getting shorted or losing connection intermittently.
What are the symptoms of the P0341 code?
  • The Check Engine Light will be illuminated and the code is set in ECM memory.
  • The engine could stall or not start when failure is present.
  • The engine may have a misfire and may buck or jerk while driving for an intermittent connection.
  • The engine may not start or have low power if it does start.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts