Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i have a 04 civic dx and i want to do an engine swap.. i know hasport makes the mounts, but has anyone dropped a k20a in a new civic yet? i found a k20a on a site for 4950 and the mounts are 599... what sort of mods or alterations need to be performed in order to make the motor work?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Info I have seen is that it is a direct swap as far as the motor and only real mod is something to do with the shifter.
SOrry this was for the SI.

Never researched the DX or any other model. I don't think I have even seen the inside yet. Never was concerned. Ill see what I can come up with

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks.. i have a magazine where they drop a k20 from an rsx type S in a 4 door 7th gen LX... and they only had to replace the lower A arms with the ones from the rsx.... but any info or insite is great thanks..

·
Registered
253 Posts
2 people have done it ... hondawerx and this guy I know that is local ...

you'll need a custom clutch line, an Si radiator, Si axles (if you want to keep 4 lug), motor, trans, ecu, subframe from an rsx, mounts and a shitload of money ... -_-;

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ummm...just to let you know...if you read the article closely, those civic ferios only have the K20A3. If you don't believe, read the article closer and look. Only the K20A3's have vtec on the intake side only. So...these civics only have 160hp and not 200hp. Btw...the K20A2 which has 200hp is only found in Honda of America due to the fact that Honda of Japan doesn't trust Americans with what kind of gas they will put in their cars. Remember, the K20A Type R (aka the K20A) has an 11.5 compression and 220hp. Anyways, my point is, that 4 door civic from that article only has 160hp...which is alright. I personally prefer a K20A type R.

·
Registered
1 Posts
DOHCVtecNut said:
Ummm...just to let you know...if you read the article closely, those civic ferios only have the K20A3. If you don't believe, read the article closer and look. Only the K20A3's have vtec on the intake side only. So...these civics only have 160hp and not 200hp. Btw...the K20A2 which has 200hp is only found in Honda of America due to the fact that Honda of Japan doesn't trust Americans with what kind of gas they will put in their cars. Remember, the K20A Type R (aka the K20A) has an 11.5 compression and 220hp. Anyways, my point is, that 4 door civic from that article only has 160hp...which is alright. I personally prefer a K20A type R.
I got one of those -- the 4-door Civic 2.0 with auto-transmission. Technically, can I swap mine (K20A3 - 160 hp) to a K20A2 - 220 hp one but still retain the auto-transmission? Anyone if known, please answer.

·
Registered
599 Posts
suchinda said:
I got one of those -- the 4-door Civic 2.0 with auto-transmission. Technically, can I swap mine (K20A3 - 160 hp) to a K20A2 - 220 hp one but still retain the auto-transmission? Anyone if known, please answer.
Email Hondata, I believe they have a reflash for the auto ECU's. But don't expect the tranny to last very long.

brian g

·
Registered
1 Posts
I do not believe the K20A2 (type s) has 220 hp... That would be the K20A (type r).

·
Registered
3 Posts
brian g said:
Email Hondata, I believe they have a reflash for the auto ECU's. But don't expect the tranny to last very long.

brian g
i'd say the transmission would be fine, as its also used in the accord that has 220 or 240 hp depending on where you are from. I'm also considering the swap at the end of the life of my k20a3.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts