Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

Update on my 3rd revision from Steve, gathering the parts for a auto to manual swap thinking about getting a k20 water pump and oil cooler not much information here berween the stock and k20 water pump.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
So it seems my muffler system had some restriction on the high end couldn’t continue tuning without getting this fix I ran 2 big resonators because my mechanic did not have 2.5 inch pipe these were causing some restriction I couldn’t rev pass 6500 rpm I got those remove with a straight pipe and ran a smaller resonator instead of two. Will be putting in my j35 and get a log out to Steve to continue tuning my car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
The pipes were 2.5 inch going into 2 resonators with a 2.25 inlet and outlet I suspect this was causing some sort of restriction.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Im done with revisions 4 going on to 5 now tuner says I am having flow issues also having a hard time revving pass 7000 rpm looking for ways to rev higher easier what are some upgrades I can do to improve higher reving I know the stock header is an issue I bought a 1320 header waiting on it now would a pulley kit help me rev higher ? Which kit would you guys recommend.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Im done with revisions 4 going on to 5 now tuner says I am having flow issues also having a hard time revving pass 7000 rpm looking for ways to rev higher easier what are some upgrades I can do to improve higher reving I know the stock header is an issue I bought a 1320 header waiting on it now would a pulley kit help me rev higher ? Which kit would you guys recommend.
The pulley kit won't give you the top end gains you're looking for.

Flow probably isn't the major issue on your ability to keep revving higher.

Resonance is key to achieving what you want.
Unfortunately mastering resonance in an engine is also the most complicated aspect. You don't just throw parts and modifications at an engine to achieve good resonance. It has to be planned and well thought out and designed too really achieve a good result.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
The pulley kit won't give you the top end gains you're looking for.

Flow probably isn't the major issue on your ability to keep revving higher.

Resonance is key to achieving what you want.
Unfortunately mastering resonance in an engine is also the most complicated aspect. You don't just throw parts and modifications at an engine to achieve good resonance. It has to be planned and well thought out and designed too really achieve a good result.
in other words better pistons cams valves ect.

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
923 Posts
If you have an rbc and 06-08
What does the datalog say after 7k rpm ? AFR is at ? With an rbc manifold and 06-08 cams you should have plenty of meat left in the power band after 7k

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
If you have an rbc and 06-08

What does the datalog say after 7k rpm ? AFR is at ? With an rbc manifold and 06-08 cams you should have plenty of meat left in the power band after 7k
at 7000 rpm it shifts barely I get pass 7000 rpm got it to rev pass 7000 on manual mode doesn’t do it on regular D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Looking into different companies to built my auto transmission if I was back I the states I would look for a manual transmission tsx but here those cars are rare, if I were to do a manual swap I would maybe get a asp3 from the euro r but I’m having a hard time finding a donar car with all the parts. Called up level 10 they did a track tsx

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Done with tuning, after 11 revisions the car is running perfectly still missing headers the stock engine is suppose to make 140 whp on dyno jet that’s what I found online my car made 159 whp not what I was expecting but this wasn’t the engine I thought my car had.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,979 Posts
...made 159 whp not what I was expecting but this wasn’t the engine I thought my car had.
What do you talk about. What do I see in the picture exactly? I see a AFR curve variing from roughly 12.5:1 to 13.7:1 and a power curve which falls off while engine speed is still climbing (90 mph beyond). Please let me know what's happening there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
What do you talk about. What do I see in the picture exactly? I see a AFR curve variing from roughly 12.5:1 to 13.7:1 and a power curve which falls off while engine speed is still climbing (90 mph beyond). Please let me know what's happening there.
what gear should I be doing pulls on the dyno ?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts