Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
As far as the header - A $350 - $600 dollar K24 swap 4-2-1 PLM header, K-Tuned has some decent K24 swap headers.

Some of the header designs already come with a pipe. Personally it does not cost much to make a test pipe or have an exhaust shop to make a test pipe.

A 2.5" to a 3" exhaust size is expected these days.

Back to the test pipe, if you ever get caught on the street with one by the cops tell them your old exhaust system broke or got damaged and you have to run the test pipe until you can afford the high dollar oem exhaust parts. I have used that one a few times

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I got the basic tune CAI tune, did some modifications with some information I found online. Any feedback would be good.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I got some more parts on the way, oil pump, j35 TB, headers, custom muffler 2.5 Getting everything together to swap out the head.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Still waiting on parts got the transmission filter swapped out today along with 4 quarts of transmission oil.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I had the basic tune for a few months while I gather some parts, my vehicle is a 2004 tsx so it has the smaller head. I’m swapping out the head, headers, rbc intake, j35 throttle body, 50 vtc gear ⚙ there’s a base map for this set up only difference is I’m adding a type s oil pump since I’m adding the oil pump I should be able to raise the rev limiter is this safe to do ?

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
914 Posts
I had the basic tune for a few months while I gather some parts, my vehicle is a 2004 tsx so it has the smaller head. I’m swapping out the head, headers, rbc intake, j35 throttle body, 50 vtc gear ⚙ there’s a base map for this set up only difference is I’m adding a type s oil pump since I’m adding the oil pump I should be able to raise the rev limiter is this safe to do ? View attachment 103112 View attachment 103113
Going much higher than 8500 probably won’t do you any good, the oem cams are more than likely out of steam even at that rpm but a lot of people do it with the k20 oil pump. I’ve recently seen a k24a with balancer shafts still spinning to 8600 repeatedly though, so the choice is yours.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Going much higher than 8500 probably won’t do you any good, the oem cams are more than likely out of steam even at that rpm but a lot of people do it with the k20 oil pump. I’ve recently seen a k24a with balancer shafts still spinning to 8600 repeatedly though, so the choice is yours.
will adjust the rpm to 8500 and recover at 8400

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Quick update got everything installed, minor set back my vehicle has a 2006 accord engine realize it after the swap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
So the base tune that comes with the hondata did not work very well for me mainly under vtech I was getting hesitation I would lose a ton of power in the transition I basically had to go with a stock tune to run I adjusted the fuel maps as best I could, I got in contact with Steve at e tunez working with him on a tune now. Got my first revision car feels a lot better, better response shifting a bit lean during WOT but that’s normal since I got a basic base map.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Replaced the vetch valve which had a huge leak, the short ram intake was consuming too much heat from the engine bay so I ended up getting a custom pipe and routing the air filter to the bumper.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts