Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished up relocating my battery to the trunk in prep for throwing a turbo kit on and catch can in the stock battery location.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice battery housing jtrue! Is it sealed to the cabin atmosphere?
It is, sealed the holes at the bottom with silicone that were used to mount, the grommets are pretty tight to the cables. You can see the vent exiting the rear of the box with silicone sealing the exit as well. Mounted a 100 AMP circuit breaker on the inside of the box which would also serve as a theft deterrent if i switch it off.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,852 Posts
It is, sealed the holes at the bottom with silicone that were used to mount, the grommets are pretty tight to the cables. You can see the vent exiting the rear of the box with silicone sealing the exit as well. Mounted a 100 AMP circuit breaker on the inside of the box which would also serve as a theft deterrent if i switch it off.
Great development, seems to be well out sophisticated in every detail :up:. Do you have extra electrical power consumers or just the stock ones?

·
Registered
225 Posts
What kind of wire did you use and what size? Only a 100 amp fuse may give you trouble.

The starter is around 1200W, at 12V that means it will pull 100A. Plus you have a fuel pump, ignition, and ECU to run during cranking. The fuse may blow during cold starts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts