Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i have a 2001 itr with a jdm k20a swap running with a stock jdm prd ecu. mods are i/h/e. i have had the swap running for about 6 months. since about 3 months ago i have been having the problem where the car randomly bucks/stutters when shifting hard and dumping the clutch into the next gear. basically what happens is immedialty after i dump the clutch in 2nd, 3rd ,or 4th gear(randomly) coming out of the previous gear the motor seems to buck/stutter and lose power as well as vtec cuts out. if i hold the throttle down after this the rpms begin to climb again but very slowy and the motor seems to lose power as well as not be in vtec even though its way past the window. as it creeps towards redline vtec randomly engages again and im not sure but it seems like it never fully engages until that last bit. the most recent time this happend the tach and speedo dies momentarily and the abs light came on. checked abs codes and got 54(fail safe relay) and 81(abs cpu). now since its a jdm ecu as far as i know there is no way to retreive codes off it. i plan to get k pro soon but cant afford it yet and would like to get the motor running as good as it can on the stock ecu. i have checked the grounds and they all are good. car doesnt burn a drop of oil and vtec solenoid looks brand new inside (no dirt or gunk). i have completely exhausted every theory or idea and its driving me crazy lol:confused:. so any input would be greatly appreciated thanx!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it throws cel but as I said I have no idea how to get codes of the jdm ecu. If someone knows how to do that let me know. As far as tps havnt tried to change it but I thought a bad tps caused the idle to be off?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update so i swapped with new tps...same problem so tps is fine :bs:..so anybody thats had a simelar prob or knows wat it is PLEASE let me know :confused:!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts