Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off i havnt posted up in a while....i had a 95 coupe and swapped a type-s into it then got into some troble with the las so i sold the shell and bought a 93 hatch

got the hatch about 10 days ago pulled the motor right when i got home....started stripping the engine bay of eveything i didnt need or want....(wire tuck, welded all useless bolt holes closed and bondoed everything smooth) stripped the entire frontend to get ready for paint.....ive taking a good amount of pics.....will have updates and more pics as stuff gets done....

i only spray painted the primmer just to seel the metal cause it was getting surface rust....as of right now i have a couple more spots that need to be sanded.....hopfully i can paint it soon its been raining a lot so i cant get around to painting it so ive bee slacking...

on with the pics.....

Attachments

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just primmered it to seal the metal

Crossmember after pressure washing just have to sand and paint

dirty mounts = this

Clean shinny mounts = this

Attachments

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
k24dreamer said:
looks good your bondo is pooping threw your primer though, wouldnt paint over that if i were you

its not ready to paint that just spray paint primmer to seal the metal while my paint gun was soaking in laquar thinner to clean it before i can spray with real primmer plus i have a little touch up sanding to do i will post pics up after primmer and paint

BTW the engine bay is going to be the same color as my old car

Attachments

· Registered
925 Posts
Man I wanna trade my coupe for a hatch myself...but it's sooooo much work and I don't have a daily beater...but I shal live vicariously through you and this thread SO DO IT RIGHT!!!!:p ...looks good so far...are you going to keep the car blue? I like the idea of the silver bay with the blue:up:

Hey where you at in FL?

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guy i was planning on painting the car black because the door jams and still black and all plus it needs a little bodywork here and there...look like im goign to be finishing up the sanding and primmering it today so ill ahve pics up later

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pic primmered

im about to go out and wet sand to get ready to paint tonight after temp. cools down

thanks for the comments ill keep everyone updated

Attachments

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks man heres two pics of it with one coat of clear i ending up putting 4 on the shock towers 3 on the firewall and 5 on the rad support looks reallllll clean im going to let it sit till sunday nigth to start putting stuff back together

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.