181 - 200 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 · (Edited)
Time for maintenance:
Check oem bearing.
Used on my first k22,k23 and now k22
32.000km 9300-9500rpm r/s ratio 1.50 and condition like new.

22.000km clutch kit.
Disk from from fx400 and pressure plate from work shop here because clutch masters fx400 pressure plate had issue..

Plased ACT AR1-HDSS organic.

J's racing FCR discs 100.000km.
Very happy with those!
Team that wins does not change.
Will buy new fcr.

Check Ti retainers and check valve to piston with more vtc.. on low and hight lobes...
For the time are in good condition.

I see on sof484 thread on k22 stroker...the same dip with my own project too.(4000-5700rpm)
Rrc vs ultra vs 9.0 whp

After from check PtV easily can go with more vtc on low lobe and will try to
decrease the dip midrange
On high lobe as I wrote on this thread tryied more vtc than 33 and lost power..

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,831 Posts
Time for maintenance
Preparing for next season? Did you check the timing chain and TCT too?

I see on sof484 thread on k22 stroker...Rrc vs ultra vs 9.0 whp
The green line looks like the 9.0 IM of Joe McCarthy...the picture size is a challenge to recognize details :D...he was looking for peak power in his designs to be competitive with ITB's :).

After from check PtV easily can go with more vtc on low lobe and will try to decrease the dip midrange...On high lobe as I wrote on this thread tryied more vtc than 33 and lost power..
The header design, which is near to that of McCarthy, you are using is mainly designed for peak power and has a lower midrange VE support than other 4-2-1 systems. The Prayoontos have a bigger low to high speed torque curve distance, therefore the dip deleting would be a great success. I have my doubts on that...a small dip will at least remain.

Markus

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 · (Edited)
Preparing for next season? Did you check the timing chain and TCT too?
yes are fine.
The green line looks like the 9.0 IM of Joe McCarthy...the picture size is a challenge to recognize details :D...he was looking for peak power in his designs to be competitive with ITB's :).

The header design, which is near to that of McCarthy, you are using is mainly designed for peak power and has a lower midrange VE support than other 4-2-1 systems. The Prayoontos have a bigger low to high speed torque curve distance, therefore the dip deleting would be a great success. I have my doubts on that...a small dip will at least remain.

Markus
+1 but Don't forget that every engine is different (bore,stroke,cams,cr,intake,manifold,head, etc..) and different coordination...
Header play big role but it's one piece of the puzzle

here one test:
Big dip dynograph (288ps) is with vtec point 4200rpm
smaller dip dynograph is with vtec point 6500rpm

My setup makes better power midrange with low lobe and high lobe makes better power with high vtec point at 6500rpm.

we gave 32 vtc + ign. and won midrage torque.
Gave 33 won more,34 more 35 more..
Now will test until 40 vtc and max. 6500rpm on
low lobe mindrage.. always.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,831 Posts
...1090kg...Power to weight = 3.5
That's pretty awesome K20actr.J! Around 180 kg less than stock...you did give it a diet? Would be interesting to see the power to weight curve from 6500 to 9500 rpm, there where you bite the SC'd cars on street, like in the previous vid's you showed me :up:.

Are you going to review the gear ratio's again or do you want to keep them. BTW, with a Lotus it is easy to get there, as a K20 (CAI, H) + Elise = 3.3 kg/hp.

Markus

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 · (Edited)
Stock ep3 its 1204kg.
About gear ratio that is big headache.

Today replaced 215-45-17 for some bigger diameter 205-50-17 to produce more km each gear.Not much..
1st gear= 66 to 68 km/h
2nd 102 to 104km/h
3d 142 to 146km/h
4th189 to 193km/h
5th 223 to 227km/h
9310 rpm revlimiter.
5.062 final drive
K20a2 stock 1,2,3,4 gears.
5th gear 0.972 jdm
6th tsx 0.659

Maybe stock 4.764 is better choice and replace in future

Every opinion is helpfull for 1090kg chassis and 305 engine hp

with stock 4.764 f/d and 215-45-17
1st 70km
2nd 108
3d 152
4th 201
5th 235

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,831 Posts
About gear ratio that is big headache.
I've build a software which calculate all drag forces (air, roll, acceleration, lift) for a car, that means the power demand for certain situations. With that it is easy to calculate the time for an acceleration time demand under various conditions like different gear ratio's with your engine's torque curve.

As an input I need at least the all rational combined gear ratio's you have on hand or want to test. The model get's more exact if I get the specific cW coefficient value, car weight, roll resistance coefficient, rotational inertia's of drivetrain...but I can do assumptions according spec data and my calibration measurements of the Lotus and K20 drivetrain.

The result here would be the best gear wheel combination for the shortest time for a reference task, e.g. 40-200 km/h time.

Or you can just test all of them and spend a bit more time and money for the same result LOL.

Markus

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,831 Posts
No any update about engine...Now give attention to reduce the weight of ep3 chassis
Thanks for your replay. No approaches on the gear ratio for better acceleration results in those vehicle speed ranges you race?

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,831 Posts
I expect the temperature to drop to take some times...
Cold and dry would be a good requirement for the engine to pull at best performance level...you know your stuff :)

...Finally plased 4.764 f/d
All about acceleration! Are the gear ratios like you stated before in one of your previous posts, K20actr.J?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 · (Edited)
Yes gears all same.
0.972 (jdm k20A)
0.659 (tsx)

Changed final drive 5.062 to 4.764 which it's longer 5.88%
That mean losted some acceleration but is not understanding to feeling.

For the time rolling 100-200km it is faster because it is no need to shift 5th gear,but maybe
60km to 200 lost..
Before a week ago had a battle with eg sedan k20 (260hp).
Eg was faster from 60km/h to 230 and 40 to 230 too

Power to weight ratio is same both cars but eg accelerated better because lower weight and shorter transmission.
Maybe 4.7 is wrong choice for road race

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,831 Posts
...Maybe 4.7 is wrong choice for road race
If I find the time, I will feed it into my dynamic chassis simulation to calculate several different roll scenarious next week for you with the given data: gear ratio, FD, weight, torque line over engine speed and some chassis relevant parameters like air drag and so on. What tire size and rims weight do you have on that car?

181 - 200 of 240 Posts