Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I'm getting back to my build that I haven't touched in nearly a year. I have a lot of parts here and this build has been a dream of mine for quite a while.

This car started its K life out in late '06... it was just a stock k20a2 swap, but over the years it had some upgrades like an RBC, type-r cams and tranny, a little dry nitrous setup, and eventually some toda a3 cams, and a 3" exhaust.

Here has how the car has looked since about '07

All along the car has been pretty modest but soon that will all change... The whole build looks something like:

Block
88mm sleeved K20 built by ERL
CP 11.5:1 pistons
Cunningham rods, stock K20 dimensions
ERL s2k oil pump

Head
4 piston pro 156 head
Ferrea comp plus valves (stock size)
Ferrea retainers
4 piston endurance springs
IPS KSC 2011

Fuel
-6 lines all around
walbro 255 in tank feeder
Marren modified bosch 044
Marren pulsation damper
Aeromotive a1000 regulator
Golden Eagle rail
ID1000s
E85

Tranny etc...
Mfactory 1st-4th close ratio set
OEM type-s 5th and 6th
Mfactory helical LSD
5.06 final drive
carbon syncros
all REM polished
Clutchnet 6 puck
CC flywheel
OEM RSX-S axles
Karcepts hubs

Other goodies
Rotrex C38-71
70mm TB
Endyn ported RBC
DTR 4-2-1 header (this will eventually be replaced by a header that is built for the new setup)
ASP 3" exhaust
Full Race traction bars
Blox drag coil overs
MT 24.5x9x13s
MT ET street radials for when I feel like breaking the law

My main goal is to make it a fucking blast to drive. In my mind that means lots of traction, crazy gear ratios, lots of revs, lots of noise, and maybe even shooting flames. Having 450+whp might be cool too.

90% of the parts are either on the car already or sitting here waiting to be put together. So more to come soon along with pics of all the shiny metal K series stuff.

· Premium Member
5,631 Posts
defintely in to see more pics :)

· Premium Member
2,128 Posts
About time!!! Good to see you make a thread:up

Edit: Let me also add that you are going to thoroughly enjoy this setup. It will be a monster and I think you will be very surprised how controllable the power will be.

· Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
awesome, i love seeing everyone dipping their fingers in the rotrex pot. :like:
For sure... although now it seems I'm a little late to the party. they're popping up everywhere!

About time!!! Good to see you make a thread:up

Edit: Let me also add that you are going to thoroughly enjoy this setup. It will be a monster and I think you will be very surprised how controllable the power will be.
I hope it meets my expectations. I'll get into my plans for traction a bit later. That hondata TC looks really nice... but I want to try some other things before probably giving in and mounting up the speed sensors lol.

Always loved the nitrous videos!
Thanks the nitrous has been a lot of fun over the years

:fkya:

· Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got an oil pan that had been cut and boxed for an s2k pump from a guy in FL last year... and I should have known better. The cutting of the pan and aluminum they welded in was pretty bad, then I went to test fit it...

I might be able to get it to work without re-welding anything, if not it'll take me a few days to get another pan modded.

Other things on the list to be done soon are:

taking the timing chain guides and everything off of my old block
installing head studs
claying

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.