Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, that's right, I got a deal on a k-motor that I couldn't pass up so here it goes. I have an 88 Honda Civic Wagon rt4wd that I'm going to do a k24 w/ crv/element 4wd trans. It's obviously never been done before and I'm sure it won't be easy or cheap but that's what makes it fun right? (we'll see...) And yes, it will be boosted...

Here's the car:

The motor:
K24a4 bottom end
-forged rods (undecided brand)
-CP Pistons
-ACL bearings, etc...
K20a2 head
-Brian Crower valvetrain

Trans:
CRV or Element 4wd
-CC clutch
-6th gear mod

I've got full suspension lined out with Koni/GC coilovers, neuspeed strut bars, bushing kit, the whole 9 yards... I'm going to custom mount rear disc brakes as well. The car will be purpose built for road racing and with boost I plan to make around 400whp give or take. I'll keep this post updated as progress provides, I'll probably be using innovative mounts (I'm sure I'll have to custom make the trans side) and local shop will assist with driveshaft and axles etc...

I look forward to hopefully getting some help from Hybrid Racing and their great products as well as all of you to assist in the swap (I've been a bseries guy). I'll be picking up the short block this weekend and the head quickly following. I'm a pic freak so I'll keep this thread updated regularly as progress provides.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
any kind of time frame in mind for this build? Should be a killer...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not quite sure yet, to tell you the truth. It's really going to depend how the transfer case on the ktrans works with the rack/rear subframe.

Does anyone have any undercar shots of a k install on an EF showing that specific area???

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the transfer case is a cylindrical shaped piece that comes straight back from where the axle outputs are but that's not what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a pic of any kswap into an EF that shows the underside there the axles come out of the transmission, preferably with the steering rack/rear crossmember in view so I can see how things might line up ahead of time.

·
JDM KING/K20a Supporter
30,257 Posts
Very nice, looks like a great proyect, nice to have ya here posting already... :up:

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Well, the transfer case is a cylindrical shaped piece that comes straight back from where the axle outputs are but that's not what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a pic of any kswap into an EF that shows the underside there the axles come out of the transmission, preferably with the steering rack/rear crossmember in view so I can see how things might line up ahead of time.
Dude, crossmemeber is going to have to be severely modified, and possibly even relocating the steering rack. The tail shaft output is huge!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's actually very similar in size to my stock dseries one, the rack and crossmemeber on the rt4wd wagon are already made to clear the stock one, I'm just not sure of where the kseries one will be positioned laterally, that's why I wanted and undershot of a swap so I can see about where it'd be coming out at.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I just got under the car to refresh my memory and it looks like there should be plenty of clearance for the output, the entire subframe/rack is much higher than I rememberred. Snaking exhaust through will be interesting but that's one of my specialties is snaking things in where they don't belong:silly:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow, that looks like some fun project you have on your hands! Lead the way! Looks good.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Minor setback, the douchebag I was getting the shortblock from sold it from under my nose so now I'm on the hunt for a CHEAP k24 block... I don't need rods or pistons with it either since I"ll be building it.

I'd also consider a k24a2 tsx longblock for a decent price

1 - 20 of 48 Posts