Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 crv, k24A2, RSP intake, HR 74mm tb, 3in exhaust, AWD 5spd, z3 lsd, accord 5th gear.

For the record, I gathered all the parts and did this swap in 12 hours by myself. I do work at a shop and have tons of experience with kswaps, fab work and wiring however.

Kswapped 1st gen crv WITH awd....

PARTS NEEDED.......
Kpro (an absolute must, along with a proper tune for your setup)
Kmotor(k20 not recommended)
MANUAL crv/rsx/ep3 engine harness
Ek cabin conversion harness (make sure to match with your crv. Crv also came in obd2a and b)
02-05 crv OR element 5spd tranny
Rsx/k crv/element shift cables and shift box
Innovative ekk2 STEEL mounts (not billet)
DC integra subframe and steering rack
Rsx power steering pressure line
Hybrid racing ac conversion kit for DC integra
D16Y7 throttle cable
Ep3/rsx radiator(i used mishimoto aluminum)
Rsx/crv/ep3 mid shaft
Tsx (k24a2) exhaust manifold(or build custom header)
Everything else you'd need for normal kswap

PARTS TO USE FROM YOUR B SERIES CRV....
axles (swap sides obviously)
Driveshaft (needs shortened 3/4" by professional drive shaft shop)
Ac condenser and most lines
Use crv lower control arms (replace inner bushings with energy suspension bushings for dc teg OR eg civic. THIS IS A MUST)
Use crv's pinion gear from crv's stock steering rack. Theres 2x 12mm bolts in top, loosen and swap to dc rack.

OTHER INFO....
You can run 02-05 crv axles OR 97-01 crv axles. However, you must use 97-01 axles to retain abs functionality.
You can run in fwd until driveshaft is modified. It wont hurt anything.
All crvs and elements use same rear end so ther is no reason to change. It is recommended that you change the rear end fluid. Be sure to use honda dual pump 2.
Exhaust must be custom fabbed. No one, i repeat, no one makes anything that will remotely work.
Rear tbracket must be fabbed. Once motor is in the car its ready to figure out by looking at it. MAKE SURE TO HAVE 2 BOLT POINTS ON MOTOR/TRANNY.
Ekk2 mounts bolt right in,however tranny side mounts so that its closer to the back of the engine bay while the motor side mounts in position closer to front of car. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

Bonus info....
K series lsds work without modification. I used z3 lsd in mine
I used 5th gear from accord k series 5spd. Its longer and you get better mpg.

I'll add more as i think of it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
This is so Kool
How much different does it drive now compared to the stock setup?
Also, how does it handle in tight corners?

My wife had a 97 and she now has an 07. Both completely stock,when I've driven them ,I've worried about rolling over in fast turns and tight corners.

Awesome swap..btw

·
Registered
74 Posts
This is so Kool

My wife had a 97 and she now has an 07. Both completely stock,when I've driven them ,I've worried about rolling over in fast turns and tight corners.

Awesome swap..btw
I'm wondering the same thing, I'm sure if you lower it a couple inches and add some hub spacers along with wider rims/tires to lower the CoG and widen the track it would help. If you think the CRV is bad drive an Element, swear I felt my boss' tipping on an onramp plus they come with a warning like this in the visor which is never a good sign lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is so Kool

Awesome swap..btw
its lowered 5inches on full bodies. also has every single bushing replaced with energy suspention bushings. never had an issue with body roll at all. rails corners on the highway going 100+ easy.

has 2x as much power as stock b20 did. drives like a swapped civic does. i wouldnt say fast but it beats most b series cars easily.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Nice. I was gonna do this a while back but didn't know what axles to use ... Thanks

·
Registered
492 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing, I'm sure if you lower it a couple inches and add some hub spacers along with wider rims/tires to lower the CoG and widen the track it would help. If you think the CRV is bad drive an Element, swear I felt my boss' tipping on an onramp plus they come with a warning like this in the visor which is never a good sign lol
its lowered 5inches on full bodies. also has every single bushing replaced with energy suspention bushings. never had an issue with body roll at all. rails corners on the highway going 100+ easy.

has 2x as much power as stock b20 did. drives like a swapped civic does. i wouldnt say fast but it beats most b series cars easily.
I'm actually considering purchasing a crv in the near future but,I'll probably keep it stock for several reasons: comfortable daily,towing duty,etc etc. I think they're great cars swapped or not,although the 1st gens have better gas mileage than the 3rd gens. I also imagine that the 1st gens are lighter than the following gens.
Therefore making the is k-swapped 1st gens all the more fun to drive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I just got done reading about your RD1 K24swap! I a little confused, what did you mean by "EKK2 mounts bolt right in,however tranny side mounts so that its closer to the back of the engine bay while the motor side mounts in position closer to front of car. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT"? Are you informing how to mount the EKK2s onto the motor&tranny?

Since we're also on this topic im assuming you stick to the 02+ CRV transmission side mount but which Car models K24/20 side mount did you use to bolt onto the Innovation EKK2?

Im thinking about going with a K24a2, I have done some K swap before (rsx/ep3/06+ si) but never on a 92-00 generation before. I understand most parts of your write up, just wanna say AWESOME JOB and thanks for the info!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi,

I just got done reading about your RD1 K24swap! I a little confused, what did you mean by "EKK2 mounts bolt right in,however tranny side mounts so that its closer to the back of the engine bay while the motor side mounts in position closer to front of car. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT"? Are you informing how to mount the EKK2s onto the motor&tranny?

Since we're also on this topic im assuming you stick to the 02+ CRV transmission side mount but which Car models K24/20 side mount did you use to bolt onto the Innovation EKK2?

Im thinking about going with a K24a2, I have done some K swap before (rsx/ep3/06+ si) but never on a 92-00 generation before. I understand most parts of your write up, just wanna say AWESOME JOB and thanks for the info!!!

Thanks
read my how to again

·
Registered
351 Posts
in your write up you said replace the cabin harness to the ek are you talking about the under dash conversion harness? im assuming that's what youre talking about. my crv is a 98 so I would have to match it up with a 98 civic conversion harness correct?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello can I ask you about RD1 change K series engine?

I come from Taiwan English is not very good.
The bad recklessly please see Understanding the

1 - 20 of 21 Posts