Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
It has a clean title in Florida, even where it says title status there is nothing that says rebuilt / Salvage.
I can upload a copy of it
That's because the car hasn't been inspected... You have the old title for it.. The new title for it will say Rebuilt after it has been inspected.

Whoever had it last either had the car stolen, in an accident or some incident and gave it a rebuilt salvage title.. After you put it back together, it has to be inspected an you will get a rebuilt sticker on the car and then it can be driven on the road.. But it will be a rebuilt title that you will be given.

It's a felony to knowingly misrepresent a rebuilt vehicle to a prospective buyer

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Trynna save you from some legal trouble.
http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2013/Chapter319/All

Florida Statute 319.14 1.b said:
(b) A person may not knowingly offer for sale, sell, or exchange a rebuilt vehicle until the department has stamped in a conspicuous place on the certificate of title for the vehicle words stating that the vehicle has been rebuilt or assembled from parts, or is a kit car, glider kit, replica, flood vehicle, custom vehicle, or street rod vehicle unless proper application for a certificate of title for a vehicle that is rebuilt or assembled from parts, or is a kit car, glider kit, replica, flood vehicle, custom vehicle, or street rod vehicle has been made to the department in accordance with this chapter and the department has conducted the physical examination of the vehicle to assure the identity of the vehicle and all major component parts, as defined in s. 319.30(1), which have been repaired or replaced. Thereafter, the department shall affix a decal to the vehicle, in the manner prescribed by the department, showing the vehicle to be rebuilt.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Interested but unfortunately that's a tad pricey and I'm in fl. Type r or not. If you want to talk about it we can but again I probably wouldn't offer you as much as your asking. GL with sale!

·
Registered
2 Posts
"According to the area code I'm assuming Kendall is in Florida?" it's right. I checked 954 area code on this site https://areacodes.net/714 and yeah, it's Florida. If you aren't sure about these codes, then it's easy to check them here.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts