Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted share this with you guys. Sorry for no build thread since I know I wouldn't have been able to update it every so often. So instead i'll make a built thread.
Build consisted of:

k24a2 2005 tsx motor
2005 tsx 6spd tranny
03-05 Accord tb
k-pro
hasport axles
hasport mounts
hasport swap header
Golden Eagle fuel rail
AEM FPR
Wahlbro fuel pump
custom length clutch line
type-s throttle cable (this is about 4 ft too long LOL but still works, the stock accord cable is about 3 inches too short haha)
custom length fuel lines
Exedy stage 1 Clutch
ACT flywheel
Visteon 3" EP3 race radiator
and a whole lot of patience
(I'm sure I am forgetting a few more things but those are the main components I can think of for now.)

block

tranny

how u like the name CDK? :devil:

on the way to the shop!

FAST FORWARD!

Mount brackets welded in. Motor finally in. Still got a long ways to go.

WARNING: Do not use the karcepts a/c & p/s removal kit as it'll relocate the alt too low for the stock crossmember to fit on.

Here you can see the crossmember unbolted. The alt sits about 3 inches too low.

It was then when I realized the shop I had the car at will NEVER get this done. So I towed it to Churches Automotive Tuning to have Daniel (Palmerblock) finish up on the car.

Things thats still needed to be done:
-Connect k-pro
-Mount Radiator
-Mount shifter box
-Figure out axle problem
-Connect fuel lines
-Buy an ep3 pulley and stock auto tensioner
-lots more

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Finally found a header that'll fit, but isn't so great performance wise. One of the problems with the swap is that the subframe is so damn huge. barely any of the current swap headers will fit.

5 pulley setup. I think it was a 6 rib 52in serpentine belt that I used.

Traced an outline of the shifter box and made a mounting plate for it. It was a pita but we managed to make it happen. Stock center console should be able to fit over it.

AEM FPR. Lines that I orginally bought were for a EG civic...Bad idea as they were too short. Had a shop re-length the lines for about half the price.

Stock brackets for the radiator should work. They'll get re-done in the future.

Straight 3in kteller stainless steel piping with Apexi WS II turbo muffler.
I'll be getting a resonator and cat soon.

Do not use the type-s halfshaft!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure a tsx or any other k24 half shalft should work. The problem was that everyone, even Hasport, told me to use a type-s halfshaft. Still, my passenger side axle was 3 inches too short. A k24 half shaft fits perfectly.

Sorry guys I still havn't had time to snap shots of the final engine bay but i'll end it off with some videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBDen6rNZhU
Dyno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA5D9-Nh7rI
exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX6SZX6FD9Y
fly-by

i'll update more in a bit

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got the battery tray in and overflow tank in place. i really need to relocate it to the other side or the bay. cleaned it up a bit too.

my bros s2k shift knob :)

D2's installed. so far the feel great! what settings are u guys running? i got it on 18 clicks on all 4.

extended studs are in. waiting to get some new lugs and re-finish the rims.

got this tiny magnaflow 14in resonator along with a hi-flow cat. sound clips soon to come.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Brings joy to see another K swapped accord done, I'm about to get ready to drop mine in very soon. Car looks great you'll love the car once it's all done much props:up:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thx guys.

Took her out for a few runs on the freeway. Did pretty well. My motor sits way too forward which angles my axles a lot, probably the most i've seen. There's heavy axle vibration under acceleration and on hard left turns. Axles and mounts were provided by Hasport which I have to call them about my issue. :down:

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,913 Posts
glad to see her all finished... sucks about the vibration issue :(

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Hey so any update on the vibration issue? How is she running now?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no updates. actually its getting worst. i can't even go full throttle with out the axles hitting the fork now. its definitely a bad axle now. it was good to begin with now its bad. luckily innovative is within my driving range and they will fix the problem:) on the bright side, the car is running strong and healthy. 220hp/195tq on a dynopak if anyones wondering

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
no updates. actually its getting worst. i can't even go full throttle with out the axles hitting the fork now. its definitely a bad axle now. it was good to begin with now its bad. luckily innovative is within my driving range and they will fix the problem:) on the bright side, the car is running strong and healthy. 220hp/195tq on a dynopak if anyones wondering
Damn sorry to hear. Is there a specific reason, or a fix you think? And also what would you do differently if you could go back? Thanks for the info I am in the same process

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Damn sorry to hear. Is there a specific reason, or a fix you think? And also what would you do differently if you could go back? Thanks for the info I am in the same process
motor mounts sit the engine too far forward therefore making the axles angle more than usual. if the motor sat back about 1-1.5 inches it should be fine. i would of done the whole swap myself if i could go back! hold off on the motor mounts until i find a solution. i basically posted what has to be used and what to get. good luck on ur swap :up: hit me up for any info

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
motor mounts sit the engine too far forward therefore making the axles angle more than usual. if the motor sat back about 1-1.5 inches it should be fine. i would of done the whole swap myself if i could go back! hold off on the motor mounts until i find a solution. i basically posted what has to be used and what to get. good luck on ur swap :up: hit me up for any info
Cool cause Im waiting on Hasport to get back to me on whether or not they have looked into it or will. I Mean we are paying a nice dollar for the mounts. They should at least line up. Also hows your oil pan clearance? Your car is dropped a bit and I know the K24block is a about a few inches longer than the natural Fseries motors. Trim block maybe? Are you tuned for Pump or Race. Sorry for many ?'s, I really appreciate the info though.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cool cause Im waiting on Hasport to get back to me on whether or not they have looked into it or will. I Mean we are paying a nice dollar for the mounts. They should at least line up. Also hows your oil pan clearance? Your car is dropped a bit and I know the K24block is a about a few inches longer than the natural Fseries motors. Trim block maybe? Are you tuned for Pump or Race. Sorry for many ?'s, I really appreciate the info though.
i decided to deal with innovative 1st and talk to hasport after. yes it's a pretty penny for those. my oil pan clearance is fine, its a little bit higher than the stock crossmember. i'm tuned on pump 91 :up:

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
i decided to deal with innovative 1st and talk to hasport after. yes it's a pretty penny for those. my oil pan clearance is fine, its a little bit higher than the stock crossmember. i'm tuned on pump 91 :up:
So your thinking about getting new mounts?!:dance: Thats a good solution, probably one of the only solutions other than making mounts yourself, lolz. My question is has innovative done this swap? How would they know the clearances?:confused: Im sure it can be crossreferenced and calculated manually. It just gets under your skin because Hasport is reputable and to make an error like that!:eek: Anyway keep us updated. Must be fun driving that beast

1 - 20 of 112 Posts