Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
161 - 180 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
yea you could say that.. picked up some itr parts this weekend, everything pulled from a 96 spec with 90k km (56k miles)

minty dash, carpet, carbon vent, climate, center console and some other misc trim pieces

just gotta finish sanding the bay... lil bit more bondo & then I can spray the bay

should have it rolling this week and its supposed to be hella nice out this weekend so maybe ill be able to prep the body for paint to

still need to delete the sunroof, looking for a clean roof cut if anyone has/knows someone

·
K24 USDM EG
26,855 Posts
^^yes the one he linked to was just a "cap" whereas the one you (prolly tim) posted is the structural.

which we have discussed this in my thread. i will tell you that a buddy tried to get into contact with them and they are horrible about getting back to you on their products.

better off just calling HMO motors and have him get you a itr roof cut, or find a RS locally and cut the roof off like i did.

i had a hard time trusting CF for a roof if a rollover, so i opted to go with a metal roof.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
brand new trailing arms :megusta:
First time i've seen someone buy brand new trailing arms for these cars. And I have been on forums for 10+ years lol I've looked into it and it wasn't cheap.

As per the sunroof delete why don't you just buy a non-sunroof roof piece from Acura and have it welded in. That's what we did for my buddies RSX-S to make it more like a Type R. I'm not exactly sure how easy it would be to find what I just suggested but it would be the route I would take.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
sorry guys I thought I posted a link for the structured cf roof, I plan on painting the roof for the stock look, and I am trying to keep the weight down as much as I can... Ive been to 4-5 local junk yards looking for an rs and their all fucked up, one even had and after market sunroof installed

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
sorry for the delay guys, been really busy and don't have a lot of time to post on here, the build is still on going, still finding parts here and there, I have EP trans that I plan on adding a 6th gear to, I also have a ton of pictures

Im going to Honda tech school next week so ill have some free time after class to post up

161 - 180 of 184 Posts