Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have a 1989 Honda crx SI that I have owned since 2004. It was my first car ever and my daily up until around late 2005 (sold it to my brother who passed away that year, so the car has A LOT of sentimental value). This car has been sitting in a garage since then and it’s time to bring her back to life.
I’ve been out of the Honda game for a long time so I will definitely need your help and support.
I already have the K24 engine and I will be building it up for a turbocharged setup, shooting for 700hp. before buying all the engine internals which are readily available I want to get the important things first ex. Wagovan viscous awd system and also properly mount engine and awd setup in the car.
Please stop by and lend me any advise and point me in the right direction to have a solid clean build

thank you all!!

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,021 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like a nice starting point , I always like black chassis more 😎. Which k24 did you pick up ? I, and other members, will lend any available knowledge and advice we can 👍
sweet! Thank you!
It’s a JDM K24A with the RBB head. Some parts I ordered to improve the engine include; type S oil pump, SI cam for the 50°, eliminated power steering and water pump (going with electric water pump).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here’s the engine in its current state. Waiting for the Acura parts to come in. I have an AWD transmission on its way as well.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Asphalt Machine
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive design
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is anyone interested in a B18 engine and trans? It did start 10 years ago. Has not been turned over since then.

this is the current engine in the crx

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle
Vehicle Automotive fuel system Hood Car Automotive air manifold

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
some gaskets, seals, cam gear, oil pump and sensor. Still have a lot more to order, should’ve just gotten it all at one. Everything will remain in the bag until the engine gets built.
Packing materials Shipping box Rectangle Box Plastic wrap

Packing materials Plastic bag Gas Plastic Plastic wrap

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I need to stop buying things smh 🤦‍♂️. Wagovan driveshaft with VC and rear diff from hushperformance literally just purchased. will be in my possession soon
Automotive tire Bicycle part Motor vehicle Gas Road surface

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awd 5spd crv transmission has arrived. Waiting on the wagovan driveshaft, VC and transfer case.
Wood Road surface Composite material Gas Tints and shades
Wood Floor Flooring Gas Stairs

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Is anyone interested in a B18 engine and trans? It did start 10 years ago. Has not been turned over since then.

this is the current engine in the crx

View attachment 106062 View attachment 106063
you can put a FS add in the classified sections. i will approve you not having 100 posts in order to sell. just follow the rules we have set up here. included a card with user name and date and that will be fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you can put a FS add in the classified sections. i will approve you not having 100 posts in order to sell. just follow the rules we have set up here. included a card with user name and date and that will be fine.
Thank you!! Once I pull out the engine I’ll post in the FS section. Probably going to be a couple weeks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So the wagovan parts arrived.
driveshaft with VC
Axles
Rear diff.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Wheel Hood
Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Rolling Automotive wheel system
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Gas Auto part

Next step is to pull out the B18.