Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Brian sent me a picture of the block adapter yesterday. This is the part in the past people used from CRVs, HASPORT makes them out of aluminum. It was a 3D printed version that they use to make the program for the mill. he stated once these are done the kit is done.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Holy shit Im so excited! So your basically using just the CRV mounts? Also I got my k24A2 finally.
do you happen to have a parts list and if you needed to fabricate them?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not using CrV mounts, sorry if I made it sound that way. Left, right and rear mount are all custom and unique to the 84-87 CRX and Civic.

there is a part that historically people used from the CRV. It bolts right to the block on the passenger side. HASport had started making their own version and that is the last part we had to make for the kit. I am on my way down there in about an hour to catch up with Brian on the kit. We had been working on it live, see previously posted videos, but now that it’s down to the small parts it’s all been behind the scenes.

the plan is we are going to video the swap into my 86 CRX SI, that currently has a B16a in it, so there will be a video tutorial on how to do the swap. Mine is getting a JDM K24a and Brian’s sons car is getting a K20a. We have used his car up to this point for mocking and fabrication.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,022 Posts
Sounds like the earlier platforms are going to be more and more commonly k swapped now that Hasport will have the mount kit available. I, and I’m sure other members, are looking forward to seeing pictures and progress of the 1984 builds 👍

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sounds like the earlier platforms are going to be more and more commonly k swapped now that Hasport will have the mount kit available. I, and I’m sure other members, are looking forward to seeing pictures and progress of the 1984 builds 👍
I’ve got another ‘87 prepped for one of my other blocks. Currently own k20a3, k24a2,k24a4, probably end up k swapping my 98 prelude as well. Depends on how all this goes with the ‘84. 😅

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am pushing as are others. If you can and want hop on the Vtec Academy live YouTube live show every Tuesday. Brian takes questions live and the more people ask the more it helps move things to the top of his list. He said this swap kit is but the more he hears of people wanting it helps.
Thanks for the Update . im doing a 85 crx si with a K24A swap and its my first build, so im really excited that you guys are making mounts. looking foward to having it running by december.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
So the car is getting a full swap atm it’ll hopefully be done by friday. Sorry I wasn’t able to wait for the mounts but the event is this Saturday, 😓 We’re attempting to have a turbo up and just hitting 300hp on e85.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Brian provided an update right out of the gate last night. Production demand has still been through the roof for them. Jesus, happy to share what I know and learn.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts