Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I became the owner of this 1980 honda accord earlier this year. I originally wanted to keep it stock with the original motor and everything...

That plan came to an end when the motor decided to go after being 35 years old. I then sat down and started to figure out what I wanted to do. I was going to originally just do a rebuild of the engine. That turned into swapping a d series into it due to the ease of doing so. It has no become officially a future KSwap 1st gen Accord build. I have done plenty of searching and have yet to find or see anyone that has done this to a 1st gen accord.

Mainly probably due to the fact of the much needed fabrication in creating a subframe, suspension, and what not. I am not one to scare easily from having people tell me that's to much work and not worth it. At the end of the day its only worth it if it matters to you.

I have already removed the original motor and tranny along with stripped down the entire engine bay. I removed the original motor mounts from the engine bay as well and now am stripping all the original paint to atleast primer the engine bay to keep it from surface rusting while I fabricate new motor mounts and a subframe to hold the k series in place.

I will keep this build updated as much as possible to show the progression of the build. A lot of this will be building one of a kind items and fabrication of stuff not sold in any way. In essence I will be taking a 8th gen civic si subframe, front knuckles, control arms, and suspension and modifying it to fit the 80 accord.

So wish me luck and hope you guys enjoy.

***P.S. If anyone knows of this already having been done please point me in their direction. I have searched for months now to see if it has been done and have come up empty. I am no stranger to searching and researching as this wouldn't be my first k build.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my first gen sedan with the intention to Kswap over 2 yrs ago - can confirm theres not much out there to support a swap like this! until now. awesome stuff man keen to see how you progress with the 8th gen gear (especially suspension and trans) into your hatch.

good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since you're not keeping this '80 Accord stock would you be interested in
parting with stock parts you will not be using? I'm particularly interested in
the exhaust system at this time.

·
Registered
214 Posts
:notbad: Subd. Love different build threads like these. Good luck with your build.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts