Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

i was looking for a sidewinder and came across the 1320 sidewinder is it any good ?

On my first boosted k20a2 i had a PLM sidewinder i was pretty pleased but had some minor issues.

Like 1 out of 10 i had turbo smoke a little while on idle because turbo angle on the plm sidewinder isnt 100 procent good.
This was on a brand new bb gt3076 turbo so nothing wrong there.

Also had minor boost creep from the plm sidewinder but it was not that bad.

So someone have experience with the 1320 sidewinder let me here it :new_slayer:

Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm not going to be able to find the specific thread, but I remember numerous people saying that the quality of 1320 manifolds left something to be desired. Sorry for how vague this description is, I was never considering buying one of their manifolds myself.

I'd strongly recommend getting a manifold from Full-Race or Full-Blown. Maybe even Sheepy. There's no second guessing their quality or customer service there.

Edit: Found the threads I was looking for. Additionally, they have a lot of grammatical errors on their product pages... Not necessarily indicative of their parts quality, but not a good sign. If you're selling parts for a pretty decent price, you should put the time into making your website look proper.

http://honda-tech.com/forums/all-mo...-44/1320-ramhorn-header-3214635/#post49832288

FT86 guys having issues too:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2404474&postcount=12

Honestly I just don't think 1320 is up to quality. I think you could get a MUCH better manifold in roughly the same price range.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply man B-)

I also read on honda tech that the Bserie ramhorn of them was a mig welded china header and they just tig weld over the welds for better apperance but that was from an old post thought they maybe where better now but probably not :D

If someone else has a experience with them i would be pleased to now otherwise ill probably end up buying another PLM sidewinder again and before fitment will adjust the turbo angle a little bit so it sits straighter.
The boost creep isnt really mutch off a big deal as i tune myself i just take that in mind but as i said it isnt really that bad.

Damn custom payments here in Europe (Belgium)

If i buy a 600 dollar plm sidewinder it costs me 900 dollar in total do to shipping and customs otherwise i would defenitly go with Map, full race, JDL... any type off grade A sidewinder :(

A well whining doesnt get me anywhere so it is what it is haha :p

Thanks guys

·
Registered
142 Posts
A few friends have used the Sheepey Built Headers and the quality is outstanding, if i wasn't going down the Rotrex route, I would get one all day long, but they do come at a price...
Just FYI here, but I've heard from a HIGHLY reputable tuner in the PA area that Rotrex chargers on our engines are prone to failures at high RPM. He said he has clients that have to get them replaced every 5K-10K miles.

Also, Sheepy/Full-Race may cost a bit more than BWR/1320 etc, but when it comes to doing a solid/reliable and PROPER turbo build on a car, price really shouldn't even be one of your considerations...

"Do it once and do it right", and "Pay to play" have a lot of truth to them. I've learned the hard way that when you cut corners, even when you think it's safe to do so, you end up paying for it 5x down the road (literally).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.