Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys, well, yet another video for you guys... Sorry for the crappy videoing but just to motivate the guys that are gonna get the swap soon, here's another video to add to your collection. This is realistic of what you can run bone stock on street tires with DC TSX headers and no tune. I actually pulled off a 1.8 60' on Azenis, which i was pretty surprised to see. Anyways, dont mind the granny shifting, the clutch is wearing out big time and it wont let me go in gear at high RPM's....Love my Hasport mounts and Hondata K-Pro ecu as usual...... hope this shit works.... stay tuned.... next will be ITB's, headers and some pretty dope cams... Check it out in the next issue of OverRev Magazine, it'll show you the whole install of the throttle bodies and tune.
Right click, save the link onto your computer !

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNzc4NjYzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2fastxeg said:
it was at 103 mph

last time with the motor like this.... in a week i will have ITB's, Headers, and a Clutchmasters Twin Disc with the Phantom Grip Extreme LSD with the Billet Cradle that deletes 6th gear... oh yeah new cams too, and finally will get it tuned this time..... on slicks.. hahaha.... should be interesting, i will post up all the info when it comes out, creating something new for the Alternator/idler pulley/belt problem people are having.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice, you should be good for Low 12's and 110mph after that, perhaps better. Excellent 60' time, hopefully the LSD, slicks, and extra power will get you to 1.6X :)

But: Why delete 6th gear? - and why the Phantom Grip LSD and not Quaife or ATS ? --- AND - what's the weight of your car (approximate/guess) ?

I need to start thinking about a K-swap for the DC2-R...

I wonder what I'd muster with 240whp, 2250 lbs, and azenis...

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
archmage said:
Nice, you should be good for Low 12's and 110mph after that, perhaps better. Excellent 60' time, hopefully the LSD, slicks, and extra power will get you to 1.6X :)

But: Why delete 6th gear? - and why the Phantom Grip LSD and not Quaife or ATS ? --- AND - what's the weight of your car (approximate/guess) ?

I need to start thinking about a K-swap for the DC2-R...

I wonder what I'd muster with 240whp, 2250 lbs, and azenis...
I know that many DSM guys like the phantom grip because it does what it needs to for drag racing, lower those 60fts. on the other hand if he were to road race it wouldnt help too much there. And theyre cheap! :)

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IOm doing some product testing for Phantom Grip... they actually have the new Extreme LSD, which are totally better than the ones that they had before..... Let's just say, you'd be really surprised to know who is actually using them right now !!!!!! "keeping mouth shut" but they do work, the new ones at least, but we'll see. The billet cradle that they have takes away 6th gear, it is used to keep both shafts together and not shake around at high RPM's... its been proven to work on B-series trannies, now i get to be teh guinea pig, well, actually its been tested on race cars, but not a street car like mine....the car weight a lot, its an SI.. i would have to say it weights in a good 2500 lbs.... hope you guys like the video.... will update you guys with a lot of new stuff coming up... new parts that are available for the K-series, you guys will be really surprised.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
allmotorhawaii said:
is higher height elevation better than lower height elevation? are your times faster at high elevations or is it faster on lower elevation?
Lower elevation will yield faster times mostly because the air is denser = more air intake. Higher elevation may reduce drag a bit, but not nearly enough to compensate for the power reduction.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.