Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a 2011 CRV that is 4wd. After a few months of having it I have noticed it is pretty sluggish and also doesn't get great gas mileage. It has absolutely no codes and runs perfectly fine, it doesn't seem to be any issue. It's never had any issue outside of the a/c clutch which I hear is a common problem. I started researching the k series motors a bit (I'm significantly more familiar with Toyota's) and I believe I have the K24A6. I've only heard good things about the k-series motors but my CRV seems to downshift just trying to hold 70mph, has a 0-60 of a prius, and gets 19mpg which is worse than my 05 impala with a 3.8 in it. I can deal with 19mpg if it had some power. It is horrible for road trips. Is my k24 just a crappy version? Is the CRV too heavy? Is it the engine management? It feels way underpowered. What gives? How do I fix this issue while retaining daily driver reliability?

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
So has it had all of the services up to date? How many miles? Does it need a valve adjustment and or chain wearing?
Air filter, spark plugs, ect... Is the oil overfilled? all crazy things than can contribute to poor performance. Did squirrels stuff the muffler with walnuts or acorns? Somebody run something over and crush the exhaust?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I dont have an ECU log, just a simple code reader. 210000 miles. Maintenance has been regular. No weird noises in exhuast so I doubt it's full of nuts. Exhaust is round and uniform all the way back. Air filter and plugs are less than 8000 miles old. Both are clean. FRAM air filter and NGK Iridium plugs. Plugs dont appear to be ran lean or rich. I didn't know these had timing chains. I thought it was a belt. Not sure why I thought that? I will order a compression gauge and check that. If chain is stretched or valves need adjustment, compression would be under spec, right?

Sent from my SM-G889A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Civic Hatchback Eg. Eh3. K24z1 swap become
14 Posts
Hi

If all filters and the spark it´s okay and are relatively news maybe you can try a cleanning the injectors and change the filters inside there. Or verify if the exhaust are blocked by the wastes of gases for many time.

I have an 97 CRV and although don´t have an K series, it also feels without power and spend to much gasoline, around 15 mpg. I tried with an injector cleaner of the ones that are placed in the tank and I got an improvement but I will try with what I told you above and maybe remove the catalyst and check the exhaust because it is completely original

1 - 9 of 9 Posts