Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a closer look at the rods if anyone cares to see. I scanned that in at 600dpi.



Let me know if you want larger pics of anything in the article.
-Jalal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
393 Posts
Wow! :wow: IPS has really done their homework. As soon as my car is up and running, I plan to save up money for a build like this. :up: :up: For IPS!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
This is awesome Jalal, do you subscribe to SCC? This is my first time seeing the article! I didn't even get a proof copy.... Two weeks ago, they were just going to print - that was quick if these are on the newsstands already.... gotta get me 100 or so... ahah.

-Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
edo said:
This is awesome Jalal, do you subscribe to SCC? This is my first time seeing the article! I didn't even get a proof copy.... Two weeks ago, they were just going to print - that was quick if these are on the newsstands already.... gotta get me 100 or so... ahah.

-Ron
Congrats Ron, that is a fantastic engine and a fantastic article in my favorite magazine. I wish I had the time and money to persue my passion of building things like this, or at least a job in this field.

Again, congrats on a job well done. Now all you need to do is create a forged crank from scratch that has the bigger journals, and the B-series will be ancient history. :up:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
edo said:
This is awesome Jalal, do you subscribe to SCC? This is my first time seeing the article! I didn't even get a proof copy.... Two weeks ago, they were just going to print - that was quick if these are on the newsstands already.... gotta get me 100 or so... ahah.

-Ron
I dont subscribe, and yes it is on the newstands right now.Everytime i am at the mall i go to the bookstore and i read through like 3 or 4 magazines. Me and my buddy just go to Borders grab 3 or 4 mags and just sit and chill and read. When i noticed the article was more than the regular 3 or 4 page BS i knew it was good enough to buy and to post. So i did, and believe me, it is very informative on the products and reasoning behind the design etc.

Ron, did you get the PM i sent you a couple days back or so? Just wondering.
I cannot wait for Vegas, i am so god damn excited. Let me know if you want any pics enlarged or something, i would be glad to do so.
-Jalal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
MJ23FE said:
Ron, did you get the PM i sent you a couple days back or so? Just wondering.
I cannot wait for Vegas, i am so god damn excited. Let me know if you want any pics enlarged or something, i would be glad to do so.
-Jalal
Yeah, it was almost as long as this article! I thought I replied, maybe I didn't cause I was probably exhausted after reading through it all.. just kidding.

What happens in Vegas..... stays in Vegas!

-Ron
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
edo said:
Yeah, it was almost as long as this article! I thought I replied, maybe I didn't cause I was probably exhausted after reading through it all.. just kidding.

What happens in Vegas..... stays in Vegas!

-Ron
I never got a reply... sorry for the novel! I am on AIM right now if thats easier for you?

You are 100% correct with your last statement.
I have been to vegas twice and both times were on New Years, definately an awesome time. This time around i am a single man!

Do you know what booth number you will be so that me and the guys can go meet you, talk and what not? Maybe even post that info on the website so curious people that have read the SCC article know where to find you?!?!
-Jalal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
593 Posts
We didn't secure a booth this year, completely entrenched with R&D that it slipped our minds when it came down to getting registered. Maybe next year. We'll be represented though in Honda/Acura's booth, as well as a few others. I'll be around though.

-Ron
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
edo said:
We didn't secure a booth this year, completely entrenched with R&D that it slipped our minds when it came down to getting registered. Maybe next year. We'll be represented though in Honda/Acura's booth, as well as a few others. I'll be around though.

-Ron
Shit man, well you gotta let me know how to find you then.
-Jalal
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,812 Posts
Cool article... But I have to say, I wish the writer had consulted edo before submitting the final draft. He is talking about TWM ITBS but shows the Hayward Performance ITBS...

Also I doubt that Ron stated that there are no gains to be seen with a ported head.

Overall, good article and glad to see IPS out there. Congratulations ROn, you deserve it.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top