Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
trial user
12,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was listening to the radio tonite (something you do when you get old) and this guy named David Blume came on. I know some of you live in a rural areas and you can make your own E-85 in a still (kinda' like yer' pappy did up in them hills), and get paid a 62 cent per gallon tax credit (you must keep strict records for the revenuers). The alcohol runs a lot cooler and doesn't leave any carbon deposits in your engine hence tripling your engines life. Here is a link for David Blooms website. http://www.alcoholcanbeagas.com/
Here is an E-85 gas station map of your area.
http://www.e85refueling.com/
Alcohol doesn't pollute worth a damn but will sure give them Saudi's the squirts!!

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,914 Posts
Not One E85 Station in a 100 mile radius to me :(

·
trial user
12,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you read the link that I posted there are petitions going around in your area as in mine too. There is a station about 40miles away from me. It's very easy to brew your own alcohol. You can brew 40 gallons per hour. Just get a bunch of friends from your area together with a welder and Presto! Probably keep everyone running in your neighborhood.

·
Premium Member
10,420 Posts
more or less, if you are n/a all you will need is a walboro 255 larger injectors and a retune.

·
trial user
12,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
where can i find info on converting to e85
If you'd click on the links they'll show you how. When a car leaves the factory the manufacturer doesn't know what part of the world the car will end up in. Therefore cars can utilize a multiplicity of aromatic fuels with a simple conversion kit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We did a back to back tune session in Sydney AU comparing E85 to 109. There was no difference in power output except for the price difference in fuels. Go the sugar cane :up:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts