Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

$15000 1000hp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am buying parts right now and I’m wanting some help to build at least 700-800 whp. I am putting the engine in a sand rail and want it to be crazy money really isn’t an issue but I don’t want to spend an outrageous amount I want to stay around 15000 for the total engine build. I will put my parts list down below and you guys let me know if you would change anything. Everything isn’t final I’ve only bought the thing I know I need so far and I can change things up if needed also if you see anything missing or a good thing to add on I will most definitely buy it if it helps thanks in advanced sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

K24a2 engine
K24a2 head
New crank balanced (old one spun a bearing)
Brand new oem lost motion springs
Skunk2 K series alpha valve springs with titanium retainers
Skunk2 K series steel spring base kit
Honda Rear Crank seal
Manley 24A turbo tuff rods
King thrust bearings
King XP Series rod bearings
King XP Series crank bearings
ARP Head studs
Honda k24 timing chain brand new
K-tuned timing chain tensioner and billet cover
Radium Engineering K series fuel rail
id2000 injectors
4p re built head
Skunk2 retaining pins for valve
Skunk 2 valves
4 piston tool kit
Wiseco pistons k622m88
Humble Performance css and o ring block bored to 88mm
K tuned Stand-alone water pump
Dampener
Oem Timing chain guides and bolts
Skunk2 timing cover
Exhaust studs
Plm exhaust manifold
ball bearing turbo (not sure what brand yet)
Hal tech elite 1500
Engine harness
Comp clutch
02-05 Civic Si trans
Switchboard
Axles
Ported oil pump
Timing chain guides all top and side
K20 lower timing chain guide
K20 lower oil basket
Intake manifold
90 mm throttle body
New length serpentine belt
Engine mounts
Hydro clutch

Like I said I don’t know much of what I need to hold 7-800 whp so please let me know if you see anything off also. The trans will be built.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,530 Posts
Welcome to K20a.org :)!

Like I said I don’t know much of what I need to hold 7-800 whp so please let me know if you see anything off also. The trans will be built.
The difference in boost is around 0.3 bar to get to 800 whp between a 86x86 and a 87x99 engine. The durability at that boost level (almost 3 bar of boost) of a short stroke flat rod angle engine is much higher. For me there is no cause to risk a bended rod just because of that, so my recommendation would be a 86 mm stroke engine.

I designed a 1200 hp VAG EA113 engine, it need over 4 bar boost because of the lacy ports and the small bore distance (= small chamber volume = high engine speed), the aftermarket was almost not able to feed the right turbo for that project. Project budget is 10k. The K-series offers an amazing basis, perfect ports from line, forged crank from line, an amazing rigid and stiff block and main bearing. The 86x86 engine is much more stable. You just need forged rods and pistons, check the right head gasket, a stock head, supporting cams and VALVE SPRINGS (3 bar of boost!) and alternation of load parts (IM and exhaust manifold) and the right turbo. Nothing fancy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to K20a.org :)!

The difference in boost is around 0.3 bar to get to 800 whp between a 86x86 and a 87x99 engine. The durability at that boost level (almost 3 bar of boost) of a short stroke flat rod angle engine is much higher. For me there is no cause to risk a bended rod just because of that, so my recommendation would be a 86 mm stroke engine.

I designed a 1200 hp VAG EA113 engine, it need over 4 bar boost because of the lacy ports and the small bore distance (= small chamber volume = high engine speed), the aftermarket was almost not able to feed the right turbo for that project. Project budget is 10k. The K-series offers an amazing basis, perfect ports from line, forged crank from line, an amazing rigid and stiff block and main bearing. The 86x86 engine is much more stable. You just need forged rods and pistons, check the right head gasket, a stock head, supporting cams and VALVE SPRINGS (3 bar of boost!) and alternation of load parts (IM and exhaust manifold) and the right turbo. Nothing fancy.
Awesome man thank you for the response and amazing info. You think I can do 800 whp on a 10k budget I’m okay with spending money just don’t want to use it all up on motor I still have to buy seats and other small stuff

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,530 Posts
Awesome man thank you for the response and amazing info. You think I can do 800 whp on a 10k budget I’m okay with spending money just don’t want to use it all up on motor I still have to buy seats and other small stuff
Rod, pistons, bearings will be about 2k USD, Turbo and exhaust manifold about 3k USD. Between a good and a bad exhaust manifold we see about 0.5 bar of boost difference, don't safe money on the wrong end. A better flowing IM than stock stuff and the intercooler setup of around 2.5k USD, cams and very good valve springs another 2.5k USD. Plus supporting parts of around 4.5k USD (ECU, harness, hoses, pipes, exhaust piping, which maybe that long on your sand rail buggy). It might be helpful to think about E85 or an Water-Methanol-Kit to bring down the power in the chamber at good ign. timings. It might depend on your shop and shelf what it costs. 15k USD is a plausible number. Our project is based on VW stuff, which is much cheaper then the K-series stuff and we do a lot of prototyping our own.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rod, pistons, bearings will be about 2k USD, Turbo and exhaust manifold about 3k USD. Between a good and a bad exhaust manifold we see about 0.5 bar of boost difference, don't safe money on the wrong end. A better flowing IM than stock stuff and the intercooler setup of around 2.5k USD, cams and very good valve springs another 2.5k USD. Plus supporting parts of around 4.5k USD (ECU, harness, hoses, pipes, exhaust piping, which maybe that long on your sand rail buggy). It might be helpful to think about E85 or an Water-Methanol-Kit to bring down the power in the chamber at good ign. timings. It might depend on your shop and shelf what it costs. 15k USD is a plausible number. Our project is based on VW stuff, which is much cheaper then the K-series stuff and we do a lot of prototyping our own.
Thanks for the info man I just got a deal with a company near me that uses Turn14 distribution and I’m getting cost on all my parts so I’m about to go crazy with it. I’ll be building it over the next year so I’m in no rush and I want it to be as reliable as possible so I’m really gonna take my time buying parts. If you have any suggestions on parts please let me know thank you for all your knowledge

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,530 Posts
Thanks for the info man I just got a deal with a company near me that uses Turn14 distribution...
You are welcome. What is Turn14?

...If you have any suggestions on parts please let me know thank you for all your knowledge
There are many parts list out there. My approach would be design an engine setup, test it in my 1D engine simulation and develop it from there to optimum, especially regarding the alternation of load parts (IM, Cooler, port, valve timing, exhaust manifold and turbo). Around 30 h of effort. I assume too much effort for this project here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

There are many parts list out there. My approach would be design an engine setup, test it in my 1D engine simulation and develop it from there to optimum, especially regarding the alternation of load parts (IM, Cooler, port, valve timing, exhaust manifold and turbo). Around 30 h of effort. I assume too much effort for this project here.
Not to much effort I’ll be building the motor and sand rail over the next year I have to sand rail frame welded and ready for paint but I want to get the engine started

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Turn 14 is a distribution company that distributes parts for people like Manley, wiseco,aem, motec, haltech and 500 more companies you can look up who all they distribute for look up “turn 14 line card”

1 - 9 of 9 Posts