Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I would like to present a 1987 Honda CRX 1gen K24/K20
I think it is the only such project in the world. The car is a fully street vehicle.
Well I will not bore, quick presentation and go to the pictures :)

1987 crx 1 gene
- Full restoration
- custom mounts
- The first specification- turbo B16a2
- The current specification K24 / K20
- K24 block
- K20 head
- BC Stage 2 cams
- Skunk springs and retainers
- K20 oil pump
- K-tuned header
- K20Z manifold inatke
- 440cc incjectors
- 72mm OBX throttle body
- Custom intake
- Hondata
- Competition clutch

and many many more ;)

at the beginning (by the previous owner)

First setup

K- mounts

The first fitting and first engine K20

so close ;)

inside

and then - new idea K24

wiring

finishing

comparison B16a2 vs K24/K20

first try - 13,9 on 195/50/15 street

Feel free to comment

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nice Project! H-Car has done a h2b and even a v6 swap in the first gen crx chassis but this is the first k-swapped one I've seen. I see you got the stock hood to close, which is something most second gen guys can't do with the k24 block and still have adequate ground clearance. I was wondering how is your ground clearance, any pics from underneath?

·
Registered
74 Posts
That's amazing! Your hood closes, has stock ground clearance and good axle angle. I don't know how shipping would be from Poland to U.S. but if you were willing to make a few sets of mounts I'm sure you could make some $. Maybe not on here because most people have newer chassis, but for the die-hard old school 1st gen crx/3rd gen civic guys that are on redpepperracing.com Do you have plans for any future mods?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Daaaaaam Very nice :nod:.
I am busy with an exact project. Have not started yet just doing research first.
I need Mounts !:scared:

·
Registered
1 Posts
very nice build.
i'm wondering how you fixed the axles? cause i'm planning to swap a k24 into a first gen integra 1986..
greetz

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sweet build! I’ve been itching to start a project like this but the drawback is motor mounts & brackets. Where’d you source yours? I’ve contacted hasport and other popular k-swap developers but they won’t be making anything anytime soon. ? I have a metal guy that could probably fabricate something but he needs dimensions...any ideas or help would be appreciated.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts