Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Guys i figured its time for me to start a build thread...I have been known to carry on and on when typing so bear with me lol...I will try to update with more pics and info every Thursday

Here We Go:

I bought my first RSX in 2006 it was a 2002 Type S silver, the car had a few mods when i bought it such as:
-Sprint Lowering Springs
-Neuspeed CatBack Exhaust
-A-Spec Lip Kit
-35% tint
-DC Sports CAI
-18" Volk GT-C wheels
-Custom painted hood and side stripes
-Depo black housing headlights
-Compustar Alarm system
I added a few different mods some bad and some good, K20A complete swap from Hmotorsonline.com
Silver RSX:

In 2007 i finally figured out which way i wanted to go in this game and figured it would be easier to sell the silver rsx and find something more that i liked for what i was trying to do which was built and boosted

These are the exact pics i found of the car when it was listed on Ebay for auction

Black RSX:

The auction ended and i didnt have my funds together to buy it and it didnt sell...so i kept in contact with the guy and he thought i was BSing him about buying it and traded it in 3 days before i was supposed to drive to New jersey to pick it up..SO i tracked down the dealership he traded it in to and bought it from them for $500 cheaper than his reserve price that same weekend I was supposed to buy the car from him...so that worked out but the guy is still a dumbass lol Pics from the way home

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Moly! Nice Deal man. The NHB is sits nice

·
trial user
12,673 Posts
So now you have RSX's? Good deal! One of the most overlooked chassis that has a K. :up::up:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: 1 BAD RSX-It might be one day- build thread- Week #1

Good stuff looking forward to some updates. Where are You in OH? I'm in fort Wayne IN, bout 3 hours west of Columbus .
Fort wayne is like exactly 100 miles from my town...I am a hour from dayton and a hour from columbus....small town called bellefontaine
So now you have RSX's? Good deal! One of the most overlooked chassis that has a K. :up::up:
Nope just the black rsx...had to sell the silver rsx last summer to finish the black rsx :(
Nice RSX(s).:up:
Just the black one is left :(

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Week #2 Update

This is at HIN Ohio in Columbus...these are some of the last pictures i have of the Silver RSX before i sold it

This is how the Black RSX sat during this time frame...so i went from having two RSX's to drive to zero lol

This is my built motor...it was built in December of 2007 by Slowmotion Motorsports

Set-up is

K24A4 with Darton MID sleeves
05 Type-S head sent to Port Flow ported and polished oversize valves
0.5mm oversize intake Supertech valves
0.5mm oversize exhaust iconel Supertech valves
Supertech dual valve springs intake and exhaust
Supertech titanium retainers with 7 degree locks
Crower custom grind cams
Cometic head gasket
Hybrid Racing timing chain tensioner
S2000 modified oil pump
CP 9:1 pistons 87mm
Crower rods
Crank micro polished and champered
OEM bearings

SO it was taking me A LOT longer to complete the rest of the build than i anticipated so I finally just bought a used kit that was almost identical to what i was wanting to custom build...so i bought this custom Full-Race GT40R twinscroll kit from NJslvrTypeS on clubrsx... here is everything after i got it home and my SICK dual backdoor intercooler that came off of Geoff's personal civic from Full-Race

Then it was time to start tearing it up and deleting all of the unnecessary items and cutting the front bumper support for the intercooler

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
x10 WOW!! scribed...

Also were your older DC5 headlights Depo?
Thanks man...I am pretty sure they are depos...but they are on the black rsx now I got rid of the projectors and kept the depos to put on the black rsx....will try to get some more pics unloaded soon and try to show where and how the car sits currently

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Thanks man...I am pretty sure they are depos...but they are on the black rsx now I got rid of the projectors and kept the depos to put on the black rsx....will try to get some more pics unloaded soon and try to show where and how the car sits currently
Cool. Everybody gets Depo's so they must be good. In your pics they are perfect. I don't want to buy headlights that don't fit and and are not flush you know. I've been looking at OEM and Type-r BUT meh...I'd have to DIY black out the OEMs and they would be more expensive and the Type R's...Aside from blinding people they are overpriced in USED form

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool. Everybody gets Depo's so they must be good. In your pics they are perfect. I don't want to buy headlights that don't fit and and are not flush you know. I've been looking at OEM and Type-r BUT meh...I'd have to DIY black out the OEMs and they would be more expensive and the Type R's...Aside from blinding people they are overpriced in USED form
Yeah they seem to fit pretty good...I would rather have some type-r headlights with oem hids but no money for that right now...I actually like the depo headlights that have clear reflectors and clear turn signal...they look pretty sweet
awesome, lemme know if you still want help tuning
Thanks man...unfortunately motor blew on the dyno and being rebuilt....prolly won't have the car out again until after the snow falls

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Week #3 Update

So i got some new OEM parts from Honda and the motor went to a color change before i installed it for the first time and here are some before pics

Getting ready to bolt the motor and transmission together and my new competition twin disc clutch

These are some more pics i found that the silver rsx is still aorund in...as well as the car getting ready to have the motor put in

Just some fun pics i took of both of the cars together lol

And the car being lowered on to the motor and transmission

My girlfriend not looking too happy about me spending all this time on the car lol

And its in

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Week #3 Update

The motor in and moving the car out of the way of the lift

And a few more pics i found of the cars together

And tore the interior out for the DC5 R red carpet, although now I am thinking about going back to the black carpet

And these really are the last pictures i have of the silver rsx because this is it pulling out and leaving kind of sad to see it go

So now the Silver RSX is gone its time to start final assembly on the Black RSX

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Love the intercooler!
Thanks man...I do too one of myy favorite parts about this set up...only two intercooler pipes and all together maybe 3 feet of piping...intercooler courtsey of Geoff and the guys at Full-Race :up:

1 - 20 of 345 Posts