Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
help, im building a k24a1 /k20z3 and was thinking of using stock a1 pistons and rods until i came upon this, if i use tsx pistons i would have to run rods as well but at 100 a piece this set wld run me 600$ with pistons and rods, i know i cant run a1 rods what other rods can i run ? accord k24 ones? safely? i ask bc i might be able to get them free also any problems with head clearance?

·
Registered
723 Posts
You can run the k24a1 rods with these pistons but the TSX rods are little stronger.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i can run older tsx rods right? is the tsx combo gonna encounter piston to head contact like using accord pistons and rods with z3 head?

·
Registered
723 Posts
i can run older tsx rods right? is the tsx combo gonna encounter piston to head contact like using accord pistons and rods with z3 head?
Yes you can run k24a2 rods. No you will not get any contact. I have 08 rods with these pistons in my K24a1 block under a K20z1 head. Everything is fine.

·
Registered
188 Posts
What's the price on set with rings, shipped to South Africa?

141 - 146 of 146 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.