Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
121 - 140 of 146 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Re: '09 TSX/'12 Civic Si 11:1 87mm piston/ringset. $399 shpd in cont.48

ryan,
i still haven't received any reply from you yet.
But to make your life easier, this is pretty much what i need + a set pistons w rings.
Let me know on availability and what you can do on these.

Thank you
pmd

·
Registered
315 Posts
read a few things on oem pistons regarding codes on block like AAAA BBBB etc.

where do i look for this code to make sure i order the correct ones from you guys :)

·
Premium Member
12,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
read a few things on oem pistons regarding codes on block like AAAA BBBB etc.

where do i look for this code to make sure i order the correct ones from you guys :)
If you click on that link above, you can choose A or B pistons on the listing, easy to check out. thanks bud, pm me when you are ready to order or on that link

-Ryan

·
Registered
723 Posts
I think he meant where does it actually say it on the motor. That was my understanding at least.

·
Registered
393 Posts
it is on top of the block just under the IM by piston 1 i think you have to have the head off to see the full code i saw 3 of the 4 letters on my z3 when i had my IM off

·
Registered
315 Posts
yea i meant where does it say on the block :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
that is where it says it on the block

·
Registered
315 Posts
so my block is stamped ABAA so i need 3 A's and B :) correct?

·
Registered
457 Posts
so my block is stamped ABAA so i need 3 A's and B :) correct?
^^^^
I'd like to know the answer to this question as well.

Furthermore, will these pistons and pins work on the k24a1 rods? I read somewhere the wrist pin diameter is smaller then the k24a2 and need to be reamed out? Looking for the correct info thanks.

Also Ryan, what's the weight difference of the k24a1 rods compared to the k24a2 rods?

·
Registered
723 Posts
^^^^
I'd like to know the answer to this question as well.

Furthermore, will these pistons and pins work on the k24a1 rods? I read somewhere the wrist pin diameter is smaller then the k24a2 and need to be reamed out? Looking for the correct info thanks.

Also Ryan, what's the weight difference of the k24a1 rods compared to the k24a2 rods?
I think you're confusing these pistons with the S2K pistons.
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43299

Unless you already have the K24a1 rods and are looking to save money I would not use them over the K24a2 rods. The K24a2 rods are bit more "beefy"

·
Registered
457 Posts
I think you're confusing these pistons with the S2K pistons.
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43299

Unless you already have the K24a1 rods and are looking to save money I would not use them over the K24a2 rods. The K24a2 rods are bit more "beefy"
Thanks for the info bud. I already have a k24a1 long block plus a tsx head which I will build. It was either do oem pistons (which i will do) and keep the stock a1 rods. But if they aren't that strong and I have to buy rods, I might as well go aftermarket.
Also, I've seen people run stock a1 blocks with crv compression with k20a2 heads :s :coleman:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Thanks for the info bud. I already have a k24a1 long block plus a tsx head which i will build. It was either do oem pistons (which i will do) and keep the stock a1 rods. But if they are that strong and have to buy rods, I might as well go aftermarket.
Also, I've seen people run stock a1 blocks with crv compression with k20a2 heads :s :coleman:
For what its worth I have a K24a1 block with these 09 TSX pistons and 08 TSX rods under a K20z1 head. Motor runs great.

121 - 140 of 146 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.