Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Build is Sick. Is the aftermarket harmonic balancer of any advantage, I've seen aftr Mkt Pulleys alter the Critical Vibration Point due to improper density, ect?...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Build is Sick. Is the aftermarket harmonic balancer of any advantage, I've seen aftr Mkt Pulleys alter the Critical Vibration Point due to improper density, ect?...
The purpose of the ATI damper is to help keep the vibrations to a minimum at the crank. The OEM damper is only meant to be able to harmonically balance the crank at factory HP and TQ specs. The ATI damper is capable of handling more HP and TQ, thus reducing vibration and wear on the other internal components.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
The purpose of the ATI damper is to help keep the vibrations to a minimum at the crank. The OEM damper is only meant to be able to harmonically balance the crank at factory HP and TQ specs. The ATI damper is capable of handling more HP and TQ, thus reducing vibration and wear on the other internal components.
Which is also much more critical for an NA build of this apptitude. Great work:up:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Which is also much more critical for an NA build of this apptitude. Great work:up:
We couldve overlooked the crank damper and saved a few bucks on this build, but reliabilty was of the upmost importance for this motor. Having a NA motor with this power doesn't mean that it can't be a daily driver or that it will be unreliable. The guys at Church knew my plans for an NA build as it is my DD and I want to take it to the track as well. With that being said we found parts that will allow me to acheive both of my goals with a solid and reliable buiild. This motor is strong and feels crazy in a civic. The crazy thing is we aren't done tweaking it either. Look out for some more updates on this build. :driving:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Question about the ATI dampner are there any cons to it? and are there any benefits to getting one with minor bolt ons?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Question about the ATI dampner are there any cons to it? and are there any benefits to getting one with minor bolt ons?
I don't see how their would be a negative effect on your motor by the addition of an ATI Damper. The benefit of the damper is to absorb any vibrations put out from the crank and to assist with the balancing of the crank at high rpm's. I would say that it would have to be a judgement call on your part if you want to add the damper at this point in your build. :D

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
"K24 317HP/231TQ CA 91 Pump Gas Dynapak
295HP/213TQ CA 91 Pump Gas Dynojet(Legit #'s for you haters)"

hahaha..i love the sig..
Its funny but true :rolleyes:......

We are working on getting some new parts... trying to get some more hp out of it.. putting back on dyno soon

·
Registered
160 Posts
bump for sick setup! i have a very similar setup for a daily driven rsx

61 - 80 of 100 Posts