Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
the exhast is go-power
i didnt know crower rods were made in china...
i personally prefer cunningham or carillo
in one of my motors i have cunninghams that have been thru alot and are still within spec and crower 4340's in another that done nicely for me so far...

as for the rods we were meaning we didnt o cheap as weve seen most of the cheap rods used in these motors break under certain conditions, wont name any names;... and no most wont break cuz they arent pushed to that type of limit or load for an extended period of time...

Couple things that I ?

Crower rods, do come from China! they are just finished here in he states, meaning bolts are put in and final boring and pin fitting are done.

Last time I checked there are only 2 companies that still make there own rods here in the states: Carillo and Cunningham.

Also you put down all of the manufactures for the parts except the one that does the exhaust. Whose 3" exhaust is on the car?

Would be nice to see more power outta it though with a ported head. Overall nice package.

·
Banned
1,180 Posts
the exhast is go-power
i didnt know crower rods were made in china...
Why does it matter? ppl kill me with chinese this and that, WHO GIVES A FU*K AS LONG AS IT WORKS!

NICE BUILD:up:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Why does it matter? ppl kill me with chinese this and that, WHO GIVES A FU*K AS LONG AS IT WORKS!

NICE BUILD:up:
run stock rods on a k24 to 8300 rpm daily and road race... it works
run 25psi on 91 octane at WOT on stock pistons for 5 miles...it works

report back and let me know your findings, lol

no pun intended:cool::dance:

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts
I BELIEVE the head is only 12 mm higher with the K24 block..but don't qoute me on that.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
lol 7% huh....
we had so many haters on my thread saying that my motor would put down 15% less on the Dynojet.
Good shit as always my friends.

·
Registered
18 Posts
2010 TSX TB is not a direct bolt on. I don't think... If it's the same part number as 2008-2010. You wanna go with 07 TSX TB if your drive by wire, and want a direct bolt on. You can also have it bored as well, as it comes 64mm stock.

You need to weld part of it shut I'm pretty sure if your running anything past 2007, maybe thats only on the 2008+. But I'm pretty sure it's the same part number from 2008-2010. I'm to lazy to check. :down:

I'm running 2007 TSX TB DBW bored from 64mm to 68mm by Jorge @ Maxbore mated to a Blueprint Ported RBC intake manifold (awaiting delivery, thanks Robert!), and it's a direct bolt on, no welding shut a hole on it somewhere on the backside, like u do on 2008+ TSX TB DBW.

Just some helpful info. Ya'll prolly already know all this, gg me. :up:

PS: This is if your mating to a RBC intake manifold or RRC. Screw adapter plates and porting them, waste of time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
does ur s2 header touch/hit the firewall with the taller block?
No issues with the header hitting the firewall. But due to the k24 block being taller, it does reposition the exhaust about an inch closer to the under carriage of the car. This caused the exhaust piping to hit a few spots under the car. Easy remedy was an adjustable T1R exhaust hanger. No issues now.

·
Banned
1,180 Posts
run stock rods on a k24 to 8300 rpm daily and road race... it works
run 25psi on 91 octane at WOT on stock pistons for 5 miles...it works

report back and let me know your findings, lol

no pun intended:cool::dance:
At the end of the day, if it works, it works my man:cool::up:

·
Premium Member
3,114 Posts
No issues with the header hitting the firewall. But due to the k24 block being taller, it does reposition the exhaust about an inch closer to the under carriage of the car. This caused the exhaust piping to hit a few spots under the car. Easy remedy was an adjustable T1R exhaust hanger. No issues now.
That was exactly what I was wondering. I am going to do a custom 3" on my car anyways, so I can sit it a tad lower.

·
Registered
96 Posts
What rods are breaking at 300hp? Any of the Taiwan rods could hold double that no problem.
Not going to say....... when its your engine you can put whatever you want in it...taiwan rods ftw

We just think of it as ....
you pay for what you get $300-$400 rods vs $800-$1200 rods

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not going to say....... when its your engine you can put whatever you want in it...taiwan rods ftw

I'm no expert on which rods are better then others. Thats why I left that up to the professionals (Ryan and Daniel) from Church's to make the decision on which rods to use.
I'm going to have to agree with Ryan on this one. You really do get what you pay for and with the amount of money that goes into a complete build, why gripe over a couple hundred dollars. This is my daily driven vehicle and reliability is a must.

For this I am grateful for their attention to detail and the professionalism they offer to myself and all their clients and friends.

Great job guys.

·
Registered
96 Posts
2010 TSX TB is not a direct bolt on. I don't think... If it's the same part number as 2008-2010. You wanna go with 07 TSX TB if your drive by wire, and want a direct bolt on. You can also have it bored as well, as it comes 64mm stock.

You need to weld part of it shut I'm pretty sure if your running anything past 2007, maybe thats only on the 2008+. But I'm pretty sure it's the same part number from 2008-2010. I'm to lazy to check. :down:

I'm running 2007 TSX TB DBW bored from 64mm to 68mm by Jorge @ Maxbore mated to a Blueprint Ported RBC intake manifold (awaiting delivery, thanks Robert!), and it's a direct bolt on, no welding shut a hole on it somewhere on the backside, like u do on 2008+ TSX TB DBW.

Just some helpful info. Ya'll prolly already know all this, gg me. :up:

PS: This is if your mating to a RBC intake manifold or RRC. Screw adapter plates and porting them, waste of time.

we have a 2010 TL 3.7L dbw tb on the car..........not a 2010 tsx dbw tb

we are not welding a part on the manifold keeping it shut.. idk what your talking about?

·
Banned
1,180 Posts
but if those $300-400 rods last a year+ of racing, why does it matter??? you have PLENTY of setup lasting 2+ years on $3-400 rods and setups lasting 6 months with $800-1200 rods, so once again why does it matter? what ever works, works!

41 - 60 of 100 Posts