Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has an 06 tsx manual.. no there was a noise coming from it while driving... when i drained the oil there was like a silver liquid that was coming out with the oil... would this mean something is broken inside or just maybe he missed shifted and grinded the gears down.. the transmission shifts fine no problems... i found this alittle weird and figured i ask someone that has had this hapen to them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the transmission has never been changed but it had more than just alittle the oil looked silver.. one person said that it was the diff... i dont see how you could tell without opening the transmission... would there be a way to know if the diff is no good?maybe by taking the axle out and looking into where the diff is?

·
Registered
14,748 Posts
the transmission has never been changed but it had more than just alittle the oil looked silver.. one person said that it was the diff... i dont see how you could tell without opening the transmission... would there be a way to know if the diff is no good?maybe by taking the axle out and looking into where the diff is?
You can't tell without opening it up. I would try a fluid swap see if it improves first.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright thanks.. i'mma tell him to change the fluid ... but the noise i'm not sure about it is def. coming from the tranny.would the silver fluid make the tranny noisey...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts