Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you that dont know earlier this year we successfully got the first new Si civic up and running on Kpro along with retaining the stock gauges and deleting the DBW. Since then Tony S at Skunk2 has been gracious enough to set this car up with a set of s2 cams springs and retainers. I know the K20z3 is becoming more and more plentiful so I thought I would share the results. Here is a clip of it on the dyno, the engine is stock besides the cams and S&Rs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1Ctl6hQlJc
then we first posted the clip everyone at Skunk2 hadent seen the dyno sheets yet so we couldnt show the numbers at that time but the nubers have since been posted so here they are

stock K20z3
Skunk2 s2 cams with Springs and retainers
(stock valves, the head hasnt been off the block)
stock RBC with a stock RSX TB and adapter plate
1 3/4 stepped to 1 7/8 4-1 SMW header
70mm Skunk2 Exhaust
3" intake made from old intakes with a BPI stack

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,916 Posts
HOLY shit Good news for FG owners!!! do you plan to sell this kit to delete DBW

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,916 Posts
wow you guys are sure innovators!! thats what I like to see!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
If one wanted to send there car to you to have it done.. what would the cost be?

·
Registered
238 Posts
you guys suck. I tried contacting you to get this done and I dont even get a response when on 8thcivic you provided your email for people to email you regarding this. At least now I know the type of shop you run...one with a piece of shit customer service. So much for being tuners and innovators when you you just keep shit all to yourself as if you're going to one day make billions off it or as if you invented the light bulb or something.

Here's a cookie for you.

I hope all your cars ****ing blow up

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
damn that's good power

·
Registered
238 Posts
So I've heard for the past 2 years. I've been working on implementing a kpro system for the past two weeks. It sucks that the knowledge is there, but for some reason, people keep it to themselves as if it does them any good. I'm about 85% complete and I'm sure I'll have it up and running.

·
Registered
332 Posts
you guys suck. I tried contacting you to get this done and I dont even get a response when on 8thcivic you provided your email for people to email you regarding this. At least now I know the type of shop you run...one with a piece of shit customer service. So much for being tuners and innovators when you you just keep shit all to yourself as if you're going to one day make billions off it or as if you invented the light bulb or something.

Here's a cookie for you.

lmaoooo. wow you are :mad:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts

Here's a cookie for you.

I think thats a little harsh to go bashing someone, after no receiving a email back. Sometimes emails get lost, overlooked, sh_t even end up in spam filter.
I don't know the whole story, other than what you have posted and going of that you bashing H2nr with out his side of the story.

Back on topic, :up: to more options.

Marc P

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think thats a little harsh to go bashing someone, after no receiving a email back. Sometimes emails get lost, overlooked, sh_t even end up in spam filter.
I don't know the whole story, other than what you have posted and going of that you bashing H2nr with out his side of the story.

Back on topic, :up: to more options.

Marc P
None of your business. I've contacted his shop etc and emailed him more than once. Something's telling me they dont even have this kpro thing running if there's nothing other than some bullshit youtube videos of it. They're just a dead end that is worthless to a forum if they're not willing to either help or even be paid for what they can do.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I agree they do suck at divulging info, but if you noticed in the videos the car doesnt rev smooth on the dyno and they arent making a ton of power. My guess is they arent tuning cam angles and that is why they wont tell anyone anything. I bet they are using the Kpro to just for a/f and ignition timing.. you dont see the car driving on the street. Either way the use of Kpro for just that reason is better then any of the other options just alot more expensive.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I agree they do suck at divulging info, but if you noticed in the videos the car doesnt rev smooth on the dyno and they arent making a ton of power. My guess is they arent tuning cam angles and that is why they wont tell anyone anything. I bet they are using the Kpro to just for a/f and ignition timing.. you dont see the car driving on the street. Either way the use of Kpro for just that reason is better then any of the other options just alot more expensive.
I would disagree, in the video it does say teaser and part 1. Give Tony a chance to answer, also Tony has always helped me when needed.

Marc P

·
Registered
326 Posts
I appoligize for saying them suck.. They dont respond so peoples attempts to contact them about the availability of there product. They advertise it as it is available.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts