Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone... I got a 06 Si LSD Tranny.... Now it has problems... It wont go into Gear 5!!

I got a K20z3 with a 06 Si LSD tranny... I was beating the car on the highway in gear 5.... then got off the ramp... then notice it was going into other gears weird... didn`t feel firm... I notice I had to give it a couple of try to get it properly into gear 1-2-3-4 ... But when I put it into gear 5, the shiftstick just flop back to the middle, It doesn`t click in. When I rev, I just hear engine noises or sometime grinding... But I can get it into gear 6 ..
Could anyone help me and tell me what could be the issue? Please and Thank you

Hello everyone... So we took out the engine, tranny , replace the forks, then put it back in..... Then Turns OUT WE SEE THIS

One of the cable shift line connected to the shift box is completely shredded!!

Turns out this may be the main reason why I CANNOT shift UP AND DOWN!!

Guys, if you ever have a problem with shifting... check this first before taking the engine and tranny out....

Im so disappointed that we didn't notice this first, we went though the long way of doing everything... It has been 6 weeks without my car... I don't feel like myself anymore.. K20 withdrawal..

·
Premium Member
44,706 Posts
What do you mean by beating? Like beating another car in a race, or beating the shit out of your transmission?
What chassis?
Number of miles on the transmission?
Drained it and checked for shavings?
Will it go into 5th with the engine off and car parked?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just give it full throttle in 5gear to pass a car... up to 6500 rpm..
Driving a ek civic si.
Transmission has about 60xxx km.
The car wont going into gear 5 while the engine is off or on.
It seems like it wont engage at all. If I put shift it into gear 5, it just wobbles back towards the middle. All the other gears, has trouble clicking into the gear, I have to give it a couple of shifts back and forth to get the correct gear.

I will check for shavings tommorrow morning. Thanks for the quick reply!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nau bee, clutch is fine, i can drive in gear 1-2-3-4-6

gear 5, it wont engage. When i shift into gear 5, it wont hold. Shift stick moves back to neutral.

·
Registered
502 Posts
sounds like the hub is beat up to were it doesnt allow the 5th gear to engage...or the hub is broken and pieces of it is jamming it from being able to silde up to 5th...

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
what state are u in

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys! So I had a honda guy open my transmission and it turns out I got a bent Fork, And he's also replacin the syncos. Hope this information will help people in the future!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts